Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth

3rd Pov

Stealthy running through the city before landing in the dense forest outside of Muth, Dawn quickly scanned the area and found Luna waiting for him.
He accelerated a brief moment before jumping down from a tree...landing a few feets away from the girl.

Dawn : You wanted to see me ?

Opening her eyes, it was still day time and the sun radiated a shining light...still Luna's natural body didn't waver.

Over everything Dawn expected her to say, he unexpectedly was taken off guard as the girl just went to hug him.

Dawn : Huh ?

It stunned him for a moment before he decided to reciproque the embrace...it seems Luna has a lot of things going on in her life lately.

Dawn : Is something wrong ?

Luna : My father...he wants to overthrow the kingdom and kill you and your family along the way.

Dawn : I see...(So she wanted to inform me about that...)

Luna : I will help Dawn...

Smiling lightly, Dawn nodded...he didn't know what to do now, break the hug ? No, it would turn down the atmosphere.

And to be fair it wasn't uncomfortable to have a beautiful girl in your arms.

But then, something felt wrong...it wasn't physical but something deep inside him screamed.

Dawn : Huh ?

Turning his eyes toward the capital's direction...something just happened and Dawn felt it, as if he just lost something very important.

Lara Pov

As I watched my son leave ; i closed my eyes...a minute later I could already tell he had gone through the entire city.

It's time, I guess...as a sad smile formed on my face, an explosion occurred.

I looked out through the window as I saw the guards and maid working here laying down lifeless...not only her but some of the royal guards stationed around the mansion were killed too.

The kingdom of Muth always worked with a special system...the royal knight, the royal mage are a group of elite serving the king directly.

The combination of both of them are called the royal guards.

But in the shadow, another group existed...they have no name or face, they are just a group of 3 people divinely blessed.

The few rumors I heard about them were all tales revolving around myth and legend, soethign you can't believe.

But I'm sure of one thing, the leader of that group might be even older than the kingdom itself.

Lara : I had long ago foresaw this to happen, my only regret is to not have enjoyed my new life a little more.

Sighing sadly, an evil presence formed at the door as I turned around...a man with short gray hair and the same eyes glared at me coldly.

In his hand, the head of my maid Felpheona was present...so she died. I wished she had a better life after this but I guess I can only hope for her to reach heaven now.

Lara : May I know your name, sir ?

???: Raven Folk.

His power is beyond anything I had seen and felt...my expression turned grim as I stretched my arm forward.

Raven : I am the leader of the Shadow...and I came here to end your life.

Lara : I deduced that much, sir Raven.