Chapter 16: Nightmare

3rd Pov

Months had passed and now Dawn was staring out of the carriage window as he was finally on the school field trip to Ingracia.

His eyes wandered at the moving horizon...he remembered the talk he had with his mother months ago...

And the sudden acquisition of a new unique skill...the heritage of the Arceid family, the unique skill : Heroism.

Through age, no one had ever managed to activate and control this skill...beside the founder of the Arceid household.

This skill is a treasure passed down and it's function are unknown...Lara Arceid was able to crack some of it's mystery but at the end failed because fate wasn't kind to her.

Now, it was in Dawn's possession...closing his eyes he remembered the discussion...

Flashback

Sitting in front of each other, 30 minutes had passed since the revelation...both mother and son shared their story at least most of it.

Dawn : Since you talked about World War II and from the description of it...it seems you died during the explosion of Hiroshima...

Lara : Hiroshima, huh...interesting.

Dawn : By the way, how do you even know the term of world war ? It was made after the actual war...

Lara : Oh that...well seeing the intensity and most of the world involved...for me this war deserved this title of world war.

Dawn : (She is smart...deducing this on her own.)

Dawn took a thoughtful pose thinking...Lara said she was a normal woman living in japan.

But something felt off, not of Lara herself but of her story...it felt like Dawn was missing something.

Dawn : (Hiroshima, huh...wait, wasn't Shizu summoned during that war...)

Lara : Mmh ? Is there something wrong ?

Dawn : Huh...by any chance does the name Izawa sound familiar ? (She was in Japan around the year 1940...)

Lara : Izawa ? How nostalgic are they famous in your era ?

Dawn : Not really...

Lara : Oh ? Anyway, Izawa Shizune, she was a great teacher in the area I lived, very well liked by the children.

Dawn's eyes widened at this mention, a teacher, a name close to Shizue Izawa...this was clearly a member of her family.

Dawn : (Shizue, huh...she should be summoned in a few centuries...honestly, i joked around a lot about her being my wife back on discord and Tiktok so meeting her would be awkward...)

Lara : Thought sadly, the entire family was during a bombing...I haven't seen any survivors from them after.

Dawn : I see...(Well Shizue was summoned here afterward.)

Flashback end

It wasn't much but still it kept going back and forward in his mind.

Dawn : (Ingracia...i wonder what it is like...)

The current Ingracia is similar to Muth, very different from the one he knew from the anime.

They were halfway there...but there was still a long way as Dawn shifted his attention toward his teacher and classmate.

Both were sleeping...and weren't good sleepers as they moved around having Dawn dodging a few of their unintentional jabs.

Dawn : Ugh, maybe I should shock them with a thousand bolts.