Chapter 20: Arceid's will

3rd Pov

Inside the great palace of the Muth kingdom...at the moment, Prince Leo was protecting his sister as he saw the blood of his father spit in the air.

Falling on his knee as the rightful king of Muth received a heavy injury marking most of his upper body.

Standing in front of him was a woman with light gray hair...she was hooded and the long sword in her hand dripped in blood.

King : H-how dare you betray the kingdom ! Mia !

Shouting in rage, Mia...a lone girl who works under the unit shadow of the kingdom...it seems like Raven she had decided to go against the king...

Behind her was the viscount Zickard and the baron Falmuth...

Zickard : Well well, dear king your majesty, it seems your reign is going to end.

Smirking, the viscount turned his attention toward the side where a few traitor guards tried to subdue the prince and princess.

King : Why ! Our kingdom was finally at peace !

Zickard : You lost the will to conquer...the domination of our kingdom had weakened over the time of your rule.

King : War brought nothing but desolation !

Zickard just chuckled and ignored the king.

Zickard : Guards ! Kill the prince and take the princess as hostage ! We'll make an example of her in public later !

Licking his lips, this enraged the king as he released a fierce aura and bursted forward...he wasn't blessed in any way.

But his skill toned with experience were great...for the human standart he would reach the realm of a champion without unique skill.

But to his dismay...the foe he had to face was far too great...

Mia : Sorry, mi lord but I decided to change...

Her long sword glowing silver, this was the fruit of countless years of training inside the world of blood...a merciless part under the light of the common citizen.

Where there is no rule but survival of the fittest.

Mia : [Silver arrow].

A single quick slash which sliced the king into two...the ruler still conscious of his surroundings.

His eyes wandered around as his life flashed in front of his eyes...

the moment he was born, the moment he was deemed worthless in his family with 5 siblings...how he proved himself in a war of succession.

How his elder sister sacrificed her life to save his...how after this traumatic event he vowed himself to be stronger...

How he killed his other siblings and took the throne at the age of 31...how he met his wife, how she died of illness later...

How she gave him two angels...how he weakened the army to make the kingdom more prosperous, how random children thanked him for all his good deed...

King : (I failed...)

His eyes losing it's light, he last vision was his son...and daughter facing those traitors.

King : (Sorry, my children...at the end i was too weak.)

Zickard : Pffhahahaha ! Incredible miss Mia, you are truly worthy of being called the strongest woman of the shadow !

Mia : Whatever.

On the side, Leo witnessed all...he was holding his tears in contrast to his sister.

All this happened so quickly...the close guards of the king didn't warn them of those traitors' intrusion...they were trapped inside the castle and now...