Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness

3rd Pov

Inside the Dwelling of spirit, a young lady with blonde hair stared at the wall aimlessly...her vitality and power slowly getting away she closed her eyes.

Remembering the events that happened 2 decades ago...

A normal day of calm and void was happening, when Ramiris felt two people enter her labyrinth...

She was caught off guard when she noticed the odd presence of one of them.

He had a hero egg but...one corrupted, this is a rare occurrence.

Ramiris : Someone who had completed the requirement to become a chosen hero but before he could evolve was tainted and lost this privilege...

In general, when the hero egg bearer is tainted with darkness, the egg would just break and disappear if abnormal conditions are met.

Then the egg will corrupt itself, it's like a seal...the hero egg is like a living entity, it chooses its bearer and judges him.

If the egg decides that you are still worthy even after falling from grace, he will seal himself inside the holder and wait to hatch.

Ramiris : Interesting, then let's see what you can do.

Sending lesser spirits and multiple traps, she tested out Dawn as he passed all the things she threw at him.

He had a great swordsmanship and good control over his magic...surely it was more than she could expect from a young human kid.

But this wasn't enough to be worthy of an hero egg...seeing that this was leading to nowhere Ramiris decided to go meet the intruder herself/

Appearing as they cleared another room from the labyrinth.

Dawn and Ria inside were startled at this sudden powerful presence...the spirit in person she was still in her prime state as the first few crack of corruption from Milim's magicule were yet to appear.

Ramiris : So young human childs, what do I owe you for this visit ?

Ria : W-who is she...

Shaking while hiding behind Dawn, this was the first time she backed away in fear since they left the night garden.

Dawn however kept it cool, he turned to Ria and whispered a few words asking her to back away a few minutes, the time he needed to talk to Ramiris.

Ria agreed and went back to the previous room though her anxiousness could be felt in the air directly.

Once she was gone, Dawn turned toward the spirit.

Dawn : I want to make a deal...

Ramiris : Oh ? I'm all ears.

Dawn : You already noticed my abnormal condition...me and this girl have practically become the enemy of humanity.

Looking straight into his eyes, Ramiris couldn't see a lie...what Dawn meant is that currently all the Western nations know about them.

Information leaked and now a high bounty was set on his and Ria's head...even in Ungracia things started to go ill.

It was still bearable but Dawn had already killed dozens of mercenaries and assassins...

Dawn : Spirit queen Ramiris, I would like to request your protection and also...please let us stay in this labyrinth for a while.
Ramiris : Mmh...your situation is quite troublesome but do you believe as compassionate as I am, I would let you live here because you asked me ?

Dawn : Naturally I don't...

Ramiris : Then, am I right to believe that you have some compensation of equal terms ?