Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself

3rd Pov

A few days passed...currently in the Jura forest, staring at a fire camp...he blankly waited for the Orc invasion to start.

Last day, Rimuru had met the ogres and evolved them by giving them names.

Soon, Gabimaru will visit Rimuru's village and after that the orc war will happen.

Dawn : You can come out, you know.

Throwing some hood to the fire, Dawn called out the lurking being who hid in a tree nearby.

Feeling no threat and knowing who it was, Dawn barely paid attention to it.

After a few seconds, a humanoid form separated from the tree and a beautiful lady appeared...long green hair and a prestigious presence.

Treiny : You noticed my presence...may i know the reason for your long stay in this forest, human traveler ?

Dawn : Don't worry, I'm not a threat to this forest or its residents.

Treiny : I can see that...

She had been observing him for several days now but weirdly enough he didn't move at all, just stayed sitting there while sometimes meditating.

The reason behind that is that Dawn had the necessary skill to observe the entire forest without moving.

Treiny : Still, your presence along the recent Orc movement is suspicious...you understand that right.

Dawn nodded, surely this makes him a potential enemy but Treiny should already be aware of the mastermind behind this.

Being Laplace, one of Clayman's dogs.

Dawn : As I said , you really don't have to worry about me, after all I wouldn't need an orc army to wipe this forest out.

Finally turning his eyes her way, Treiny felt chills down her spine before being assaulted by a massive aura.

The wind started pressuring her as a cold mist suddenly invaded the surrounding area.

Treiny : (This...)

Dawn : Sorry but you should also understand me, I'm being accused for nothing.

Treiny : W-who are you ?

Dawn : I apologize for the late greeting, guardian of the forest, my name is Dawn Arceid, count me like a mercenary who wants to help with the Orc invasion.

Getting up, he bowed politely before expressing a smirk...despite his unclear goal, the small burst of aura a second ago was enough for him to have the advantage in this conversation.

Yuu Pov

After a long journey, we finally got into Ruberios...behind me was Shizu-san or Shi now.

Speaking of her, Shizu-san's appearance was rather different...insead of her usual black hair she had long blonde one now.
Her eyes too were switched to green...this was one of the features given by the earring.

By the way, this earring is commonly called Earring of Deception...it makes sense considering what it can do.

Yuu : By the way, we'll directly join our hideout, so be careful to ignore anyone on our way.

Shizue : Ok...

She must be thinking about Hinata...though we normally won't cross paths with her, from the schedule I planned before leaving.

Hinata should be with Saare and Arnold out of the city on a monster subjugation...normally the church doesn't actually take care of these matters.

But since those monsters were approaching Ruberios, we took it from the adventurer guild to protect our land ourselves and reassure the population...that the saint of Ruberios can protect them.