Chapter 14: String of fate

3rd Pov

The training ground tense, the students went back to their practice...fighting those beasts but the cold atmosphere didn't leave.

As Dawn was standing in the back line alone...it was clear after this most of the rumors about him being an inapt to magic, a trash swordsman or just failure as the father tried to imply.

All these were overlapped by their fear and the intimidation just shown.

Still because he wasn't favored by the teacher...he was still forbidden to participate despite the teacher themself knowing the bad outcome if Dawn happened to rampage.

Luna was in front taking on one of the monsters with her squad, her eyes falling behind from time to time...

She merely did her job restraining the monster for the knights to attack...

Funny enough, there was more teacher guarding Dawn than the monsters...this was just how big the impact of his action was just now.

Lyra : (I can't believe it...his ice magic was beyond the level of even the likes of me...)

Lyra wasn't much focused on her task, Luna was strong enough to take care of everything herself so Lyra allowed herself to doze off a little.

Her eyes directed toward that boy who had broken all rumors on his back...as an ice user, she understood how hard and big of a feat he just displayed.

Lyra : (Why...why can't I just be the best somewhere...first miss Sola and now him...)

She couldn't be the best of her grade, now she couldn't be the best ice user...her pride definitely took a huge hit.

Lyra : (I-i...i don't know what to do...why did i born in such a generation filled with genius...)

Sola Pov

Things sure turned unexpectedly well at least Dawn-kun is out of those pathetic claims, I was kind of annoyed when I heard or people talked about him without having even met him.

But now, look at them avoiding his gaze...it's kind of funny.

I chuckled and turned back my attention toward my group...the prince and princess sure aren't what you usually expect.

They are horrendously weak yet they managed to pass the practice with ease...just with their intelligence.

It's a great talent and ability but in a world where skill and power is supreme, this is kind of less attractive.

Sola : Mou, and I'm stuck here...

I pouted, crossing my arms.

3rd Pov

As the course of events continued, the day soon ended for the rise of a new sun.

Then comes their two day break from school...you could say it's the weekend for them as the student body just goes to rest to better start a new week.

Dawn got up early in the morning and went out. He didn't have much planned since he was going to grab something to eat and head to the training ground or library.

But things didn't turn the way he wanted...as the moment he got out of his room.

Dawn : Huh ?

Luna : Hi.

Sitting on the ground, her arm around her knee...Luna was there hugging a book.

Dawn : What are you doing ?

Luna : Waiting you.

Dawn : I could have not gone out at all you know...

Luna : Then I would have waited ?