Chapter 40: Falmuth war

3rd Pov

Losing someone because of yourself is one of the worst feelings possible...Rimuru was right inside this cycle of regrets right now.

Looking at the corpse of Shion, he had fallen on his knees regretting so much, his decision, his blind love for the human race....and more.

Rimuru : Why did this happen...

His aura flared around dangerously, in the background Noir watched the scene confused.

Noir : (This is weird...how could Shion-dono have died in front of me ? Those humans are way too weak and even the otherworlder were pathetically weak...)

With him here, nothing should have happened yet it did...it seems like Noir's actions were subconsciously controlled.

He couldn't understand, and no matter how he bent his logic nothing came out.

Noir : (Was their death and our defeat here forced ? But it doesn't seem like the work of Falmuth's army, was it necessary?)

Pondering, his eyes then landed on his lord's back...he was still grieving and an immense rage could be felt.

Noir : (Was it for Rimuru-sama ? Clearly, something interfered with my thoughts and actions...)

This was a really uncomfortable feeling, that he had to bear while watching his lord go back on his feet, a murderous resolve sealed in him.

Dawn Pov

He did something...i could see the fate of this war changing, Rimuru will not wait for Eren and the others and massacre the enemy's army.

Leading to the birth of a tyrant, i have to change that...but my Lord of fate isn't working, that must learn the Author is interfering directly.

I still don't know how much he can alter and interact with...for now, i have to meet up with Luminous and leave for Tempest as soon as i can.

Dawn : Let's accelerate the process, Hinata.

Hinata : Huh ?

Dawn : [Destiny beyond Fate].

My eyes glowing, the next instant Hinata's body wavered as we found ourselves in front of the church of Ruberios.

Hinata : W-what happened ?

Dawn : I'll explain later, for now I have to talk with Luminous-sama, I'll see you later.

Before she could answer, I already went off toward the hidden sanctuary...on the way I saw Roy who was startled at my sudden appearance.

But like Hinata, I didn't give him the time to talk...the aura of Rimuru could already be felt across the world...to think he would be that much stronger.

I might have underestimated him, if he really wanted he could have destroyed Hinata but literally.

Dawn : I might just have 3 hours before he reaches the army and kills everyone.

This is happening sooner than i planned but that's fine, anyway while i was planning my next action, the large gate leading to Night garden was already in front of me.

You know, something cool with having a powerful skill is that you can flex anytime you want.

Dawn : [Destiny beyond Fate].

As I previously stated, it's not just living beyond but inanimate objects too...changing the course of fate of Atoms is possible too.

Setting this door from [Blocking me] to [Letting me pass], I crossed the gate without opening the door.