The Price of Fame || Chapter 40

1995

Rochelle Davis

I called Michael and applauded his Diane Sawyer interview. Lisa also defended every single point as well. I was so proud.

"Let's go! Both of you were perfect." I raved.

"Thank you, Rochelle." Mike expressed gratitude, clearly smiling through his words.

"Of course." I said.

"Did you catch our hints?" Michael was laughing this time. I knew.

"Yes, thank you!" I shook my Locs.

"You're welcome." Michael answered in return.

During the broadcast, not only did Lisa Marie speak on her relationship with Mike, but Jackson slyly pointed out my marriage.

I'll never forget:

Michael Jackson: "Two people in our business have already been married for ten years! Even tabloids can't make up a story like that."

______

Ro,

Happy anniversary, Mama. 10 years with me, just a Mill City cat who plays guitar.

I love u. Beyond grateful 4 every moment, no matter what happens.

C u soon.

Eternally urs,

-Husband

He surprised me with a photoshoot. New wardrobe from Paisley. A cute style with my Locs. Music in the background for us both.

We shouted over music and even danced together at times. I could only imagine how great the pictures would be

Gold matched his upcoming album and I shined brighter than cameras next to him. There was no better feeling in the world.

***

As usual, my husband complained once rehearsals started up again. "The Live Experience" would kick off before long.

"Just a few weeks in Europe this time. It's only the first leg." I reminded him.

"Please?" His voice was low, but he pouted of course, wanting me to travel.

"I'll be there hopefully sooner than later. " I promised, kissing him.

______

After countless letters or phone calls, I booked a flight to Dublin and surprised him, seeing his last show of the tour's first leg.

He ended that amazing concert by shedding "Gold," but I sobbed in the wings, just cheering through tears.

"I knew it!" His voice sounded gentle and famously low again, but excitement was clear.

The fabric of his incredible wardrobe from the stage calmed me, and we hugged each other.

"Hi. It was so good!" I raved to him, once again praising the concert.

"Thank you." He turned away for a moment, bashful with gratitude.

"Here we go again." I said, referring to the album hitting shelves before long.

"Don't dog me out in your review." He jokingly warned, even laughing.

"No!" I gasped. Joke or not, one thing I would never attempt here was trash people for the media. I'd quit before doing so.

"I don't know. Parade was rough." My husband kept playing, and his joking voice fit so well that even his guards smiled.

"What did I say to bother you?" I held my heart, also faking dramatics.