𝘵𝘸𝘰

— Bad Guy

NATALIA BEXLEY NEVER felt more lost

NATALIA BEXLEY NEVER felt more lost. Clay avoided her like the plague. He must not have listened to the next tape because there is no way he still thinks she's the monster. Natalia isn't a great person, but neither is the rest of the people on the tapes when it comes to what it on those.

So, besides going to school likes she should've, she stayed at Bruce's with Justin. She sat beside him with her legs slung over the couch. Once in a while she'd kick Justin with her feet to make him mess up his game.

"Your girlfriend is going to kill you, Justin." Natalia mumbled before sitting up. She grabbed the bong off the coffee table and took a hit making Justin roll his eyes.

"Don't you have parents that'll kill you?" Justin asked and Natalia shrugged, exhaling.

"I have parents that are out of town. Also, when was the last time this bong water was changed?" The girl asked, cringing at the flavor left in her mouth. Justin was the one to shrug this time making Natalia hop up.

She handed the bong piece to Justin before going to quickly change the water.

"I don't know what the fuck you'd do without me. All you do is play video games and eat chips."

"You made scrambled eggs once and you think that'll cure me." Justin commented, pausing his game.

"You were one Dorito away from losing your abs." Natalie replied, handing him the bong.

"Shut up or get out." Justin grumbled, annoyed with Natalia.

NATALIA PAINTED HER fingernails with a red nail polish while Justin bitched about the smell. She opened windows and told him to shut up which worked well. He was pretty silent after that, so she began to paint little black dots on her nails.

The peace was no longer peaceful when the pool house door opened to reveal Marcus and Zach.

"This is not a good look." Zach commented on the two being alone in the pool house. Natalia rolled her eyes and continued doing her nails.

"Yeah, this is super incriminating." Marcus agreed.

"What's incriminating? This whole time I've been bitched at for being a slob, eating shit, and playing video games because I've been a teenage boy stereotype." Justin complained while I continued painting my nails. None of that was a lie. All I did was bitch.

"Jessica's looking for you." Marcus informed Justin, who seemed to not even react. "She looks bad."

"Yeah, she has for a while." Justin replied with a bleak tone.

"You gonna talk to her?" Zach asked and Natalia sharply inhaled.

"Talk to her about what exactly? We're all going through it." Natalia quizzed and Zach seemed to regret his words. He didn't want it to come out the wrong way. "All of us should feel like shit."

That was the problem. They were all so young and naive, regardless of the bullshit they fed one another.

"That's not what I mean, Bex." Zach replied in a softer tone, but even then, Natalia knew that's what he meant.

"She's acting like a nut job, she's drawing attention to herself." Marcus told Justin before pausing like he was adding suspense. "And you."

"Not me. I'm not there." Justin replied continuing to play stupid video games.

"Neither is Natalia, which your girlfriend noticed. Was there like a remake of that audio clip, or—" Marcus began and Natalia shot up with a look of rage on her usual mellow features.

"Whatever you're thinking about what went on today or when that happened is just your fucked up perverted mind talking. You don't know the full story." Natalia spat before snatching her bag off of the chair. Her eyes bounced to Justin causing her to scoff at his lack of reaction.

Without another word, Natalia was out of the door. She slammed it with anger fueling her pace.

She didn't even bother going through the house. It would mean she'd have to face Bryce. He started this fucking mess, and as much as he was confused about her ignoring him, now that Natalie knew the truth he'd never hear from her.

NATALIA THOUGHT HER bestfriend thought more of her. She truly did. When Hannah died, Natalia tried to bury her memories of them with her. As fucked as that is, it helped Natalia grieve. Or so she thought.

She laid out on her bed. On top of the covers. All Natalia could feel was the guilt in her system. It clouded her thoughts. Hannah and Clay were on her mind that night.

Hannah forgot to mention exactly why Justin and Natalia did what they did. Or what they really didn't do.

— Savior Complex