nine

Protecting Peace

SUSPENSION MEANT HELL for Natalia

SUSPENSION MEANT HELL for Natalia. Her time was soaked up by doing assignments online and praying her parents would leave. She needed to escape their supervision. In all honesty, she needed a to see Clay. Knowing that he had a girlfriend was a whole different type of hell. It was only because she was respectful and breaking him away from a person that made him happy killed her.

Was Natalia even really single? She had Zach wrapped around her finger and she could have a whole roster of people if she wanted. She wasn't even sure if she wanted anyone at this point. She didn't even want herself at the moment.

Her feet planted into the carpet. It felt as if roots sprouted from the soles of her feet as she stares at her closet.

Natalia wasn't sure what she wanted to wear. Or what she wanted to do. All she knew is that her phone was off and she wasn't going to answer any calls. Not one. Zach and even Clay had been calling. It'd been only a day.

She went downstairs and left her bedroom after finding something to wear. Her feet thumped against the steps noisily. Her parents left earlier that morning.

It was like her feet guided her to the cupboard where all of the wine glasses are. She grabbed one and walked over to the fridge. Her hands found the orange juice and the vodka that sat on top of the fridge.

Natalia liked mimosas, but she had to rough it out without the champagne.

She looked like a mad scientist concocting her drink. The orange juice filled one third of the glass and the rest was vodka.

She walked over to the record player her mother showcased. Maybe her mother was actually interesting at some point. Natalia flicked through her parents vinyl collection and couldn't help but settling on My Girl by The Temptations.

Her feet clicked against the kitchen floor as she hopped around.

Getting suspended wasn't too bad when she had ways to keep herself entertained. She bounced all the way to the living room trying not to spill her drink.

The music was so loud, she didn't hear the noise
upstairs.

Taking the large, last gulp of her drink was easy. It was her dizziness from the twirling that had made the booze creep in. Natalia had always been a light weight.

Her back hit the sofa with force. She chuckled to herself and reached for the remote, not noticing the person behind her. The couch was facing away from the stairs, so she didn't see him right away.

"Bex." Justin yelled over the music making Natalia's eyes bulge out of her head. She rolled off of the couch and onto the floor, startled. "Jesus, are you drunk?"

The numbing of the alcohol and the overwhelming
sense of fear made Natalia rub her temples. She seen glass shattered beside her on the wood floor and moaned as she stood up with the help of Justin.