thirteen

****GUN VIOLENCE MENTIONED

Uneasy

— Uneasy

NOBODY SEEN OR heard from Natalia since going to court. She wasn't interested in being involved in anything else with Bryce Walker. She didn't feel like wiping her story in her face once more than she had to. She isolated herself, away from everyone despite when she didn't want to.

The girl had been cooped up in her room. The only thing that made her seem like a happy person was her bright pair of blue eyes and her blonde hair that lit up any room. If her body matched her insides she'd be burning red.

She grabbed her phone and once again slid away any messages from Clay or Jessica. She'd been so supportive and she cut the plug.

It was confusing her friends along with herself. The day's prospects seemed filled with eating dry Cocoa Puffs until she received a different message. She felt herself sinking into herself. Some wishes of disappearing from this shitty world flooded into her mind.

Anxiously, Natalia tapped on the text message. She never expected Hannah's mother to contact her. It was the last thing Natalia wanted, getting all of the attention on her. She would like to slip away from her little world for a bit. Leaving would help her digest everything.

However, this text message made everything come back up. Like information vomit spewing at the walls of her brain. Natalia felt uneasy as her eyes fell over the words on the screen.

Unknown

Hello, Natalia. It's Hannah's mom.

I didn't want to scare you with the

melodramatic unknown text, but I

wanted to make sure you were ok.

Hannah would tell me all of these

stories about you. Your pictures

hung on her wall, your signature

was in her yearbook, and she gave

you her ring. We never formally met,

but I'd like to see you at Hannah's

funeral. Just call or text.

Natalia's breath hardly escaped her throat as she let out a strangled gasp. Tears trickled down her cheeks and onto her pajamas. She couldn't reply, as she had to get ready for school.

Her shaky hand wiped away her tears, standing up. The phone was tossed onto her bed, and discarded.

The girl put on her clothes, her jeans clung to her curves, and her shirt hung loosely over her torso. She looked decent. Not as if she'd been trying. It was hard to try when you had no motivation to get through the day.