𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

One Call Away

NATALIA BEXLEY WOULD break her back if it meant saving someone she loved

NATALIA BEXLEY WOULD break her back if it meant saving someone she loved. She'd twist her body in unimaginable ways to make someone happy with her. Recently, her almost obnoxious people pleasing had been put on hold. For her, the statement 'grief shows itself in funny ways' was very true.

Usually, Natalia Bexley would run to Clay Jensen when she needed any sort of reassurance. She was never particularly sure why. He had been there through all of the most difficult points in her life. So, why couldn't she pull herself together and just be there?

Oh, right. Clay hated Natalia.

Maybe if Clay knew the truth, he wouldn't be as mad. Maybe if Hannah knew the truth, she wouldn't of killed herself. Maybe if Bryce knew, he would've fulfilled his threat like words.

All of the maybes drove Natalia mad. It made her question herself. Maybe she shouldn't be the one breathing. Maybe Hannah should take her spot.

It felt stupid now. The lies Justin and Natalia let spread to cover their own asses. To protect Natalia.

Maybe he drunken lust the pair claimed to possess that night might not be drunken lust, but more of a buzzed lie. Unfortunately for Natalia, she'll never be able to tell Hannah the truth.

So, Natalia got ready for school. That information of that made her head fill with should of, could of, would of's.

It was a lot for the girl.

"Best tits, Natalia Bexley." Natalia read off the paper with her lips parted in disgust. A group of boys laughed as she read it to herself in a whisper.

Natalia smiled at them and then began to dig through her bag. She grabbed her fruit punch flavored Gatorade, opened it and set it on her desk.

"Ms Bexley, I'm sure you remember our no food or drink rule, yes?" Mr Hurley asked and the girl swiveled around to face him to make sure he had her full attention, knocking the Gatorade over.

"Ugh, I am so sorry. I can be such a klutz." Natalia gasped, sitting up as the drink began to cascade off of the desk and into her lap making the boys squirm. "There were just worthless scribbles in this anyway."

Natalia crumpled the sopping wet paper and tossed at her ex boyfriend, Montgomery de la Cruz.

NATALIA DIDN'T KNOW how to function. She didn't know how to walk the halls. Any small move she made felt like a hint to why Hannah did it. Did her so called bestfriends leaked sex audio have anything to do with it? Was it the way they stopped talking all of a sudden?

The spotlight grew lighter as she walked down the hall. Passing Zach Dempsey and Montgomery de la Cruz. Passing Jessica's locker. Passing Jeff's. Jeff.

One tragedy to the next at this fucked up school.
Natalia folded her arms, continuing to walk. This school was full of memories that were to big for Natalie to swallow. To rid of for good.

"My favorite girl." An annoyingly familiar voice chirped, his arm now draped over her shoulders.

Natalia looked up at him, knowing this tone. Jeff wanted something and he didn't want it for himself.

"I have zero favors to give out if that's what you're here for. I'm not giving you math flashcards again if you won't use them." Natalia replied, plucking his arm off of her.

"No favors for me, but someone else." Jeff said as if those were words that made Natalia give in.

"Nope."

"What about Clay?"

"Jensen? What does he need?" Natalia asked, now interesting. Jeff laughed at her, his arm returning to her shoulders.

"You're pathetic, Bex." Jeff teased, shaking her gently.

"You have a couple more minutes before I leave you here." Natalia threatened and Jeff nodded with a smile.

"I need you to give our boy some ." Jeff finally told her and Natalia immediately rolled her eyes at those words.

"Our boy? Jeff, Jensen is not our child." Natalia laughed and Jeff shrugged as if it weren't a bad idea. "Plus, I hope you aren't saying what I think you're saying."

"Number one, pretty damn close. Number two, I just wanted to see what you'd say, but I do need your help." Jeff said and Natalia smiled at his words.

"What is it then?"

"Can we find someone to kiss him?"

CLAY SUNK INTO Natalia's car with a embarrassed look on his face. Bashful glances were sent toward her and she sighed, gripping the wheel. The smell of alcohol, specifically beer, wafted from his breath as he exhaled.

"Are you fucking drunk right now?" Natalia asked, turning to him. He grumbled and turned to her completely.

"Can you just bring me home, Nat? Please." Clay whispered, slurring his words. He rubbed his head and opened his eyes to view her face. It blurred all into one. Just Natalia looking back at him sent into a drunken daze. "Please."

"Yeah, whatever." Natalie mumbled, putting the car into drive.

Something in his eyes. That dork's magnificent blue eyes that any other person would laugh at her for loving so much never failed to amaze Natalia.

She'd always hate herself for twisting all her limbs for Clay, but she'd never be able to stop.

— Savior Complex