𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

Nothing Really Matters

NATALIA WASN'T ONE for Halloween

NATALIA WASN'T ONE for Halloween. Usually she'd eat candy on Clay's bed and watch movies on his laptop, but the last year they skipped, so Nat decided they would this year too. Even after his drunk call and her dropping him off, that was just him being drunk.

Watching the costume contest wasn't the best form of entertainment, but it was all Natalia could do. She even sat next to Clay, who seemed like he erased everything from his brain.

"Muff divers. Kind of creative, no?" Natalia asked and Clay shrugged. "Come on, Jensen. Don't be shy."

"What do you mean?" Clay quizzed and Natalia chuckled, recalling the one sided staring contest that took place once she picked Clay up.

"I'd rather you be a dick than not talk to me." she responded, lacing her hands together as she every person cheered for Justin and Jessica. Even Natalia whooped for them.

"I don't want to talk, Nat." Clay muttered and the girl sighed at those words. He walked away from her without looking back. Her mind wandered to a time they didn't act like weirdos every time they spoke.

Natalia laid on Clay's bed with her head dangling off. He'd already warned her multiple times that she was going to lose circulation, but she wasn't listening. Her face grew more red and more red causing Clay to pull at her arm.

"Natalia, get up here." Clay groaned as he tugged on her arm with a smile.

"Make me." Her words were enough to make Clay use all of the strength he had to tug her up despite the effort she put into making herself stay down.

Clay's smile slowly melted into a look of admiration. He hated the way he felt as he looked into Natalia's eyes. He felt angry and happy all at once. His mind fought against his gut which really wanted to know what it was like to kiss Natalia.

Then he thought about Hannah.

Moments like these made him contradict himself. It just felt wrong when he wanted Natalia in ways he never has before. His mind wandered to places he had never been with Nat. He hated himself for liking it.

Clay especially hated the way he felt when her arms loops around his neck.

Natalia looked into his eyes like she never had before. Her heart thumped against her ribcage as her lips stretched into a smile.

It was almost as gravity had done the job itself. It filled the invisible string between them slowly. Lacing them together with a dramatically slow pace.

It all felt surreal for Clay until Natalia's soft plump lips began to kneed into Clay's.

At first Clay struggled to kiss back. After a moment, he began to kiss her like he meant it. He'd only really kissed someone in the seventh grade, but nothing like this.

Nothing ever really compared to Natalia. Nobody really went out of their way like her. She could have literally almost anyone and she was here. Kissing dorky Clay Jensen.

Natalia pulled away leaving Clay withdrawn, yearning for more.

"Not bad, Jensen." Natalia whispered into the space between them making him tense up.

Natalia Bexley knew how to work up any guy. Especially Clay Jensen.

NATALIA SAT ON the roof, staring at the stars. Hannah must be up there with them. She had to be above all of them, watching. She had to see how this was playing out. There was no way.

Maybe this was the road to her justice. Her smiling down watching as things slowly became clearer for everyone. Or things stay the same. But then what would all of this be for?

Her phone buzzed against her thigh. Clay had sent her an image. Immediately, Natalia wanted to see what Clay could possibly send her.

Natalia squinted at the picture after gasping originally.

"Tyler Down?"

— Savior Complex