eleven

Broken Dreams
TW: MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

NATALIA HAD THIS recurring dream she'd put Bryce away for the crimes he'd committed

NATALIA HAD THIS recurring dream she'd put Bryce away for the crimes he'd committed. She'd bring justice to her, to Jessica, to Hannah, and to whoever else innocently stumbled upon a monster. By the end of her dream she hugged her parents triumphantly while watching him get driven to prison.

However, this was real life, and Bryce Walker was a wealthy white guy who's parents can throw away money like garbage. She didn't have a chance, so she stayed silent. And she'd always stay silent.

So, for the little sliver of hope she had in her system, she went to listen to Bryce's testimony.

Her feet carried her down the isle. Bryce had been mid sentence. Natalia was never very good at being on time, but she was there for when it counted. She took a seat beside Clay and behind Mrs Baker who eyed him with pain.

It never became easy being in the same room as Bryce. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing, and now he was wearing glasses which serves no purpose besides adding to his douchey face.

"Gosh, I don't know. Um, quite a few." Bryce said regarding a question that had been asked. Natalia hadn't really paid attention beside making her way down the isle.

Clay looked over to her and back to Bryce. He wasn't sure he knew how to talk to Natalia, especially about the new information he acquired along with the polaroid he kept tucked away for nobody to see.

"And what did you do there?" Sonya asked as she paced back and forth. She kept her eyes trained on the guilty Bryce Walker. Even if he wasn't guilty in others eyes, he was in Natalia's,

It was hard for Natalia to focus when all she wanted to do was to look away. It was like her strength trying to understand herself and people around her. She understood Bryce to a T, if and when he wanted to redeem himself, she'd ignore him, for he'll never deserve her time.

"Sometimes we just made out, um, looked at the stars. Sometimes we made love." Bryce said and Natalia sighed, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Did things ever evolve into a committed relationship?" Sonya questioned him, still pacing, like most lawyers do.

"Not really." Bryce replied, his eyes bounced to Natalia.

"Did you want it to?" Sonya asked and the silence in the room made Natalia want to throw up. He better not say any incriminating bullshit to make himself look good.

"Um, I had a great time with Hannah, but she wasn't really girlfriend material." Bryce responded.
His gaze lingered on Natalia, and Clay noticed this time, clenching his jaw.

Natalia pursed her lips as she made contact with Bryce. He has audacity that's for sure. He knew nobody could do anything and he almost looked fucking smug about it.