𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

The Night We Met

DEEP DOWN NATALIA knew she was different than the others on the tapes

DEEP DOWN NATALIA knew she was different than the others on the tapes. Maybe it was because she everything she had done was so public already. She'd already been slut shamed and she still was to the day. It was clear she'd be excluded from any further discussions because there was one person who needed someone on their side. Clay.

She hunted Clay down as best as possible before any classes could start. Tyler passed him angrily, eyeing Natalia before walking off. She ignored his gaze and went to her destination.

"You look like shit, Jensen." Natalia commented, but Clay was able to sense some worried undertones.

He was pale already, but his complexion was ghostly. Purple bags hung from under his blue, tired eyes. It was the tapes. Natalia could tell they'd rip him apart like no other.

"So, just an FYI, I am now on your side since I've been kicked out of their little secret society." Natalia informed him and Clay scowled at her words.

"This isn't like a club, Natalia. This is about justice. For Hannah." Clay said condescendingly, beginning to walk away, but Natalia followed much to his dismay.

"Look, Clay. You need someone by your side. I know you and I don't want you to destroy yourself. Is that a good answer?" Natalia admitted and Clay was hardly listening, watching Courtney Crimsen.

"Yeah, Nat. Whatever." Clay mumbled and Natalia grabbed his arm. He was dragged back down to earth. His eyes had landed on hers and he pushed away his feelings of annoyance. "Okay, Nat. Thank you."

"I want to help give Hannah justice, too. Justice needs to be given where it's needed and before you do anything too drastic, you need to listen to those tapes. Okay, Clay?" Natalia asked, her hand still clamped onto his arm.

"Yes. Okay, Natalia." Clay replied. Natalia smiled at him as they passed Jessica and Justin, who eyed them curiously.

Natalia walked off while Clay got called out by Justin. She would be team Clay, but she couldn't get herself thrown into anything involving Justin. She couldn't lose three friends in a year.

Natalia wore a baby pink dress that was lace at the top. The skirt was made from tulle. It was one of those types of dresses where little girls would do spins, so people would notice the dress splay out. It always made Nat feel so comfortable and good about herself. After all, she'd been one of those little girls.

Natalia agreed to go with Jeff. His friends thought it was absolutely amazing that bombshell Natalia Bexley would go out with him out of all people. It wasn't like that though.

Jeff was just a good person who liked good company. He knew Natalia was just that. A good person. Plus, he knew her secret. The secret she thought was her dirtiest.