eleven

Clay

SOMETIMES WANTING SOMETHING takes over your body

SOMETIMES WANTING SOMETHING takes over your body. Like that one thing you want takes over your thoughts and all you see is the thing in front of you. Natalia felt that way when she was drunk quite often. It was a very dangerous thing when she was under the influence. Her confidence skyrocketed and all people became so much more attractive.

That was a flaw of Natalia's. If she sees it, she likes it. Like window shopping at the mall. So, when Clay Jensen was at the right place at the right time, that hard to control urge took over.

"Here, take this." Jeff said, offering the joint he'd been holding as Natalia fixed her hair, who gladly accepted. "I think you should try again with Clay. Try to talk to him."

"Hannah said that too. You guys are like our number one supporters." Natalia said and Jeff nodded.

"That's what I'm here for, Bex." Jeff replied before sipping his drink.

"I think I'm gonna do it." Natalia told him and Jeff smiled as she stood up.

"Okay, but spare the gory details." Jeff winced and Natalia shoved his shoulder playfully.

"Oh, Jeff. Now you'll hear all of the gory details." Natalia replied and he took a long sip of his non alcoholic drink.

"I'll brace myself." Jeff joked as he watched her walk off. He definitely did have a crush on Natalia, but then again, who didn't? "Love'ya!"

"Love ya' too, loser!" Natalia shouted as she navigated the crowd.

Natalia easily found Clay talking with Hannah. He looked up at her, all smiles.

"Well, hello, Natalia. We were just talking about you." Hannah smirked as Clay stood up to avoid ending up being Justin and Jessica's bed as they made out.

"Were you now?" Natalia quizzed and Clay grew panicked.

"All good stuff, of course." Clay added.

"Good, I can't let my favorite people talk shit, can I?" Natalia asked and Hannah giggled as she stood up.

"I need a refill." Hannah said, winking at Natalia as she walked away.

Natalia took this as an opportunity. Clay stood in front of her with a smile.

"You look great, Natalia." Clay complimented and Natalia grabbed his hand.