seven

No Grudges Held

THE TRUTH WILL set itself free regardless of who holds the keys to the cell its kept in

THE TRUTH WILL set itself free regardless of who holds the keys to the cell its kept in. It was just a matter of time until the world was blown up. Or at least the planet known as Liberty High. It already was getting hits left and right. Once again, it's only a matter of time.

Even Natalia knew her deepest secrets, that she hardly knew herself would be revealed to the people it would cut the most.

The girl knew a lot of skeletons would be pulled out of everyone's closet during this trial. However, when Clay Jensen testifies, she knew that he would be the person to set the record straight. He had known Hannah the longest out of Natalia and himself.

When Natalia reminded herself of that fact, she did recall a time she was jealous of Hannah Baker. It had been because of Clay, of course.

"We also heard that you've been jealous of Hannah because of other reasons. Like Clay Jensen and Zach Dempsey." Sonya pushed and Natalia swallowed as she clamped her hands together.

"Only one of those are true," Natalia told them. She looked up and saw Clay looking at her from the back row. "Clay had been my bestfriend, and Hannah never showed interest in Zach."

"So, she was seen leaving the party around the same time as Clay, you know this?" Sonya asked and Natalia squinted at him.

"I saw Clay and Hannah leave, they left a good couple minutes apart." Natalia cleared up and Sonya flipped through her papers.

"And how do you know this?" Sonya quizzed and Natalia eyed Clay in the back, staring at her like he knew she'd been holding something back.

"I stayed behind and hooked up with Zach Dempsey. I saw Clay leave. Alone." Natalia answered and people all shared looks, murmuring took place with lots of judgement.

"Alright, then. Were you jealous of Hannah Baker and Clay Jensen's friendship?" Sonya quizzed and Natalia looked down to her lap, embarrassed.

"I was," Natalia mumbled and Sonya seemed satisfied with her answer. "That's only because I didn't know that they weren't into each other. They were working together."

"Working together? Can you elaborate?" Sonya questioned and Natalia caught Clay's eyes again. He sent her a nod.

"Clay isn't much of a flirt. It was obvious we liked one another, and it was obvious he wouldn't make the first move. Hannah helped him. Hannah wanted us to flourish. She had a good heart and she—" Natalia was cut off by Sonya.