ten

Back Again

Trigger Warning: Non- descriptive sexual assault

COURAGE, SOMETHING NATALIA lacked. It was nothing to her when she seen Clay's name pop up on her phone after she'd been forced to turn her phone on by Justin before he mysteriously disappeared when she dozed off.

Now, she had to go to school.

Her mind told her to ignore her intruding thoughts, but they didn't. She wouldn't listen to the voices, if she did, she impended a war. Against herself.

Her feet carried her to school with ease, her memory guiding her. She didn't want to be there, but she had no choice.

There was a lot going on in her head. There was that calm before the storm. The impending war and he was coming her way. He didn't even know he was her every conflicting thought.

"Nat." Clay greeted which made her stop before him.

She was human. Sometimes she got flustered even when she didn't want to be. Did anyone want to be flustered?

"Hey, Jensen."

Her tone made her desperation seem obvious. God, why was Natalia Bexley getting so worked up over Clay? It was like she was in heat, wanting him more than ever. Natalia wants what she can't have. That's too damn bad.

"What's wrong?" Clay asked, worry evident on all of his features. He knew her well enough to know her nervous tics. She noticed her fingers toying with the hem of her shirt.

"Just nervous." She replied which wasn't a lie at all. Except he was the one making her nervous.

"Bex!" A voice cheered. As the person moved closer to her, the sound of feet thudding against the ground became louder too.

Justin inserted himself between Natalia and Clay, letting the tension between the two go unnoticed.

"How are your hands?" Justin quizzed, reaching for them making Clay's face scrunched up.

"Her hands?"

Justin flipped her palms upright, showing Clay what had happen. Little cuts were on display for him to see. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at Natalia.

"What happened?"

"Alcohol." Justin replied before Natalia could, still not sensing the tension.

Clay began to walk away making her swag Justin in the arm, unknowingly making things between them weird.

"Hey, what the hell did I do?"

LATER THAT NIGHT Natalia received a peculiar message that made her tape at her screen for a good minute. One that made her heart race and her palms clam up. The words took her by surprise because she never expected to get this type of text from Clay.