twelve

— Truth Hurts

BALLET SEEMED TO be the only thing tying Natalia Bexley together

BALLET SEEMED TO be the only thing tying Natalia Bexley together. Her mind had been flooded by Hannah Baker and she'd been poisoning her every thought with negativity. It's been hard with court and everything else, and she didn't know how to talk to her friends like a normal person.

Her arms were held out, delicately floating like feathers. She floated across the floor as she followed the routine she'd done when she was young. Her moves were a lot more sloppy due to her long break.

She was once a talented dancer and now her feet hurt too much because of the pointe shoes and she struggled perfecting her pirouettes.

Her dance teacher came in and made a disapproving noise as Natalia tripped over her own foot after doing a Grand Jete. She swallowed with embarrassment as she stood up.

"You're improving, but not quick enough." Madam Valerie said as her eyes silently critique her student.

"I'm sorry. I've been trying to practice as much as I can. I promise I've got this."

"A boy is waiting for you at the front desk. Said it's urgent." Madam Valerie informed her student with a sour expression. "I say, Natalia, with all of the potential you've had, you could've been a star."

"And now?"

"Have a good day, Natalia." Her teacher smiled as she walked in the other direction toward the other students exit into the den of the studio.

Natalia took off, changed and made her way toward the front desk.

She got worried when she seen Tony standing there, fiddling with his ring. He stared up at all of the plaques, spying the ones with Natalia's name on them.

"You are really into this ballet shit, aren't you?" Tony quizzed as Natalia bent down and tied her shoes. She looked up at the plaques and pictures of her and other girls.

"Not at first. My mom wanted to be a prima ballerina, but she broke her ankle. After that she couldn't land anything and couldn't even do basic skills without stumbling. So, she signed me up."

"Interesting." Tony mumbled, honestly speaking. He never suspected how seriously she took this.

"Is there a reason you came here? I mean, it's not like you and I go out for coffee dates often." Natalia quipped as she folded her arms.

Tony pursed his lips and lead her outside.

"Justin's testifying." Tony told her and she nodded as she clutched her bag.

"That's good."

"I want you to go." Tony continued and Natalia shrugged. Looking back at a class full of girls giggling loudly.

"Fine."

"You're the right person to help motivate him, Natalia. He thinks of you as a sister and seeing you, knowing your story will help." Tony added and the girl sighed tossing him her bag.