Two become three

It was lunchtime on the first day of my new school. It was odd for me to see both boys and girls being so comfortable with each other as I was from an alk boys school .

As usual I stayed in the classroom and opened my lunchbox . The classroom was almost deserted as most of the kids had gone to the canteen or to the playground.

Among the remaining kids scattered in the class i saw a girl and a boy , dragging two chairs near a desk ready to eat.

I looked at them hearing cheerful laughter of the girl.
Probably a couple.
that was my first thought.
then the girl saw me looking at them.

"hi " she waved at me.
" you are the new student right?? care to join us?? "

"No No.. it's ok" i said .
didn't want to be a third wheel to a couple.

then the boy looked at me too..
" come on dude. join us. lets have a little chat"

still reluctantly , shrugging off my nervousness i took a chair near to them.

" my name is Sonu " the girl said " and this is Menul"

"Hi, I'm Shane"

" welcome to our school dude. "

" ok , first let me give you some heads up.. our class teacher is nice, she teaches science. But Be careful of nutty prof. "

" Nutty prof?"

" yeah, the maths teacher. Forget the homework and see. He can eat break you into two"

She is surely talkative. We all laughed.

Sonu

Sonu

While eating we talked about lots of things. During that limited time Sonu's talkative self could cover as much as topics about school.

Menul seemed a gentle soul, he kept laughing most of the time..

Strangely enough I was already feeling comfortable with them.

Soon i knew that they are not a couple , but best of friends.

" when the class starts again, sit with us. " Menul  said smiling at me gently.

" yes , please sit with us" Sonu blurted enthusiastically.

" okay " I found myself agreeing so easily.. Where was my resolution to be lonely.

just like that , a journey to remember began.. Bonds that couldn't break off were formed.
.
My introvert, shy self become so comfortable near two of them.

The group of Two , soon turned into a  group of three.. I truly became one of them..