Red chillie pepper

After  buying grandma's medicine, leaning on the bike infront of the pharmacy , Vinura took out his phone.

" Shane, where's your home?" he was looking at google maps. I gave him the location.

" Mm.. only 35 minutes away from here, right?"

" yep"

" Ok, I will drop you at home then "

" What ! I thought we are going back to Sonu's place"

" Don't worry, I'll call them and say that I'll take you home" he said still immersed in the phone.

I was dumbfounded. It's only 5.00 pm. I'm allowed stay at Sonu's until late evening.
It was only 5 minutes ride to the pharmacy, we haven't talked more than ten words. Now he wants me to go back home ?

" You want to get rid of me or what?" I asked sounding crossed.
That made him give up his phone browsing, staring at me, he dramatically raised his eyebrows.

" Don't worry, I will just take the bus. You don't need to drop me" I was sending daggers through my eyes.

He laughed and lightly smacked on my head.

" you brat, You are indeed a red chillie pepper . Look here,"
He showed me the phone .

" There's a street food stalls area on the way, so I thought, we can grab something there and .. and..
you know, may be hang out a bit, before going home"

When he spoke the last part, I couldn't help noticing the slightest blush on his cheeks .

My annoyance disappeared into thin air.
" okay , then" I grabbed the helmet , beaming widely ..
He was watching me with a smile ..
I felt like I have found the familiar Vinura again ..

And suddenly another idea hit me.
" Or.. We can go to the beach . You upcountry boy will find it fascinating " I teased.

" brat, " he smacked on my head again .
Looks like his pet name for me is 'brat' and hitting on head is the way of showing affection .
" Were'nt  you an upcountry boy yourself too  , until one year back "  he said laughing .

" Anyway , it's not enough time today . May be another day? " he asked .

" yeah , another day"

.
.
.
.............

The street food arena , is a lane full of street food stalls with outdoor dining  area. Wide range of food varieties , from sweet to spicy , submarines to ice creams , instant noodles to pickles , were there and it was a typically busy saturday evening with bustling people . Mouthwatering aroma of frying meat and sausages and simmering sauces was wafting through the air.

Talking nonsense and laughing we roamed through the stalls

Talking nonsense and laughing we roamed through the stalls .

Finally we sat down in the dining area with several food plates in front of us.

" Shane, you have changed a lot , you know "
He shot suddenly.