Reunion

Sonu didn't attend school that day.
We were pondering  why , she was perfectly fine yesterday .
In the last period , a messenger came from school office .
" Shane and Menul , your friend Sonu called . She asked you two to visit her at home after school . She also said its an emergency , but she is fine and you two dont have to worry "

What kind of strange message . Emergency ? But she is fine?
We were dying without knowing what happened .
Her home situated not far away from school , so we two literally ran there after the school .

Just as the servant let us into her enormous house, Sonu ran towards us snaking her arms around both of our neck and started crying..
Her mother was there too..
" Don't worry . Just let her calm down" she smiled, dried out streaks of tears could be seen her mother's face too.
Embraced in the group hug , I patted her back , without a clue of what happened .

Finally crying stopped .
" Shane!!! Menul!! I have a brother!!! "

Menul and me, sneakly peaked at her mother's belly . It looked flat though .
.
.
.
.

.---------

Amidst of sobs and smiles she told us the story ..

It was an incredible story ..
Grandma noticed her first because Sonu looked just like her mother as a 15 year old girl . Grandma was too shocked to see her .
" She nearly got a heart attack when she first saw me remember ?"
Then her name and father's name confirmed her suspicion . 
The difficult decision of giving little Sonu for adoption  was made , because grandma thought it would  be the best for the little girl.. 
Grandma knew her own health cannot be any better with time. Sonu was a premature sick baby at that time needing regular medical assistant.  That's  why with so much regrets grandma had to give in,  when the kind doctor couple in PBU asked her permission to adopt the baby .
" You know , I was named after my mother .. I was called as " Baby of Sonali" in hospital ticket . That's how the name Sonu came in"

After meeting at the concert , grandma contacted her parents and discussed things. As Sonu already knew  that she is an adopted child,  Sonu's  parents agreed  it would be the best for both Vinura and Sonu to get to know the truth. And get to know each other .

" so I have a grandma now .
And a brother !! you know , a brother!! A big brother !! "
We were sitting beside her, holding her hands.
" We were talking all morning . I guess you two are not my number one anymore . "
She laughed through tears.

At that moment , I realized something.
Vinura ..
How must he feeling now ?
Sonu is overwhelmed by so many emotions ..
Can he be any better ?
Just like Sonu, does he have any close friends to share this?
I didn't know that. But on that days of musical contest I didn't see him with anyone close to him.
Does he need a shoulder to vent over flowing emotions in a time like this..

" Sonu , can I call Vinura ?? "

..
.
.
-------

So I called him from her landline

So I called him from her landline .

" Hello "
I heard his deep voice on the line.

" Vinura , its me"

" Shane" Now his voice was almost like a whisper.

" Vinura, I heard everything from Sonu " .

" oh"

" Vinu, how are you feeling ??". I asked so softly ..

A silence ... I waited ..

" I thought she was dead Shane. I thought she was dead all the long". He said in between something sounded like sobs.

My heart breaks for him..
" Vinu.."

" Its all thanks to you Shane. I met her because of you .. I think it was God who sent You to me"
He said in a low voice , but no more sobbing could be heard.

I felt like surrounded by a bubble of happiness .
Yes, they met because of me right ,??
I was smiling happily , failing to recall he cannot see me over the phone .

" Anyway , Shane , This weekend, I'm coming with grandma to visit my sister .". He added .

That piece of information made me ecstatic for different kind of reasons.

" That's great . Probably , If you have spare time, may be I can see you too?? " I asked , almost stammering ..

I heard his light laugh for the first time today before saying ..

" Yeah .. Probably "..

 Probably "