On the Stage

The concert was a hit. Big time.
Well rehearsed students, truly competitive..
Breathtaking performances..
A well organized contest..

Uncle Dev was over the moon as his school students performed so well and taking some trophies home too.
Vinura's group performance won the 3 rd place and his solo performance won the 2nd place..

And when he was on the stage .. , Damn that's another story..
When he went up on the stage for the first time for group performance, before it started, his eyes were wandering across the audience, and stopped when they met mine.. !!
Was he searching for me in the audience?? My heart skipped a beat.

And he played the violin with half closed eyes,, of course it was a sight to behold.. Seemed like he was possessed by the music..

And when the show ended , his eyes didn't waver , but directly looked at where I  was seated. ..
I was clapping and cheering like mad for him at the moment .. He had that rare sweet smile on his face..

Seeing his smile , that sweetest smile , my jumping and cheering abruptly stopped

Seeing his smile , that sweetest smile , my jumping and cheering abruptly stopped .

Vinura up on the stage , I'm down in the audience .
His eyes locked with mine..
Everything around me started to go in a slow motion .... I could only see his eyes.. Those glistening eyes..

Stage curtain was slowly closing down  , two pair of eyes stil locked with each other ..

Suddenly , his smile vanished in to thin air.. His face became visibly darkened ..
Out of nowhere , a very enthusiastic Sonu, came running and held my arm..

" Shane, Shane .. I finally found you"..