Grandma

We met Vinura 's grandma inside the hall. She looked exhausted after traveling all the way from home, which was in my old hometown , around 400 kilometers away .
After the usual introductions , hugs and all , she suddenly remembered that she didn't take her medication yet .

" you can't  forget them grandma . Take them now. I'll fetch some water".  Vinura was clearly unhappy .

Grandma took her pills out of her handbag and my mouth opened in surprise .

" Grandma , there are literally hundred of pills

" Grandma , there are literally hundred of pills . Are you sure, you need to take them all??"

She laughed.
" Boy, I have high blood pressure , blood sugar, kidney trouble and on top of that heart trouble .. So sadly yes, I need to take them all"

We helped her with medication .

" you know Son, " she was speaking to me.
" I have sugar and blood pressure for 20 years, kidney trouble for 10 years.. , then last year I got this heart trouble . they found that 2 vessels of my heart are blocked ,, "
It looked like she really enjoy explaining her diseases .
" More than 95% is blocked , so they couldn't insert stents, and I'm not fit for a bypass ..That's why I need all these pills". She went on.

" That's why grandma , you should not forget to take them". Said Vinura, still  grumpy  .

" Ok ok , darling , can you get me something hot to drink ? A tea without sugar? ". She asked him.

" I will bring some tea from canteen . You stay here with Shane " Vinura left me with grandma .

" I have lived long enough son, I only worry about  Vinura . What will happen to the poor boy when I'm gone".  She said to me after he left  .
" Do you know his parents died in a car accident when he was only two years old  ?? His mother was pregnant at that time . It was a baby girl . I took care of him since then" ..

" yeah he told me about that grandma .. he said he dedicate his solo performance for three of them .. "

Grandma heaved a long sigh.. 
" It was a difficult time. I did what seemed to be the best ".  I couldn't understand what she meant by that and She abruptly stopped talking seeing Vinura coming back .

...........