A cold December

Earth spinned around the sun for three months and ultimately day dawned for December vacation .
Vinura finally arrived at Sonu's place .
As I had a cousin's wedding to attend with family , I could visit him after two days of his arrival ..
Finally, I reached there brimming with happiness and hopes..

But something had been changed .
I couldn't point it out exactly , But there's  something different with Vinura .
And that's  not a good different .
He seemed cold and distant .

" Why does he behave in this way? Have I done something wrong to him?". I reflected .
But I couldn't think of anything. 
I recalled once he was mad at me when I had lost his phone number.
But this time  I managed to keep in touch with him even through the lousy communication from my mother's phone .
We were both eagerly waiting for this december . We had lots of plans.
So, I couldn't figure out the reason for this sudden change .

I decided to speak directly with him.
I cought him in Sonu's porch when no one was around .

" Vinura , is everything ok with you ? "

He looked surprised with the question .
" Yeah . Of course . Why did you ask so? "

" Well, you look different . Like something off. You sure everything's alright ? "

" hmm.." he nodded his head.

I was not very convinced yet.

" Are WE ok? Have I done something to make you mad? "

This time he smiled and ruffled my hair.

" little idiot. We are ok. Don't  worry '

" Ok, that's great then"
I accepted his answer .
" So we can hang out a bit like we talked about ? Grab a pizza? Or may be go to the beach ??. You know the vacation will be over in no time ". I said .

He looked bit unsettled .
" Let's  see Shane, we've still got plenty of time. "

So the conversation ended just like that

So the conversation ended just like that. I was sure something was troubling Vinura , but this guy is hard to peek inside .

However  , to my dismay , Vinura didn't make any plans to meet me outside the house.  But he talked to me nicely at her home . However me going  to Sonu's place frequency would seem odd too.

Something definitely has changed with Vinura . I didn't know what  it was. But it hurted me. A lot.
So the most awaited december vacation was doomed to be this cold.

.
.
.
.
..........

But I was not giving up.
I didn't want to waste this precious vacation  .
Something wrong with his school ? Something wrong with his friends there?  I had no clue.
Anyway I wanted old Vinura back . It hurts to see him all distant .

If I hanged out with him long enough , can he become old Vinura again? The warm, sweet and sometimes a little savage Vinura. again ??
I was looking for  a chance .
And I found one.

.....

Sonu was planning to make some DIY jewelry sets for her dancing class. Two of her girls would come to her home and they would stay over there for a night . I grabbed this golden chance.

" We will join you guys . We can help too. Right , Menul ?? "

" Really ? That's  great ." Sonu was overjoyed .

" What !! No ,no . !! To make jewellery ? Shane ! Are you crazy ? " Menul protested wholeheartedly .

" Come on Menul, that would be fun. "

" Fun? To make jewellery ?? Are you out of your mind Shane? "

" We will not make jewelry as such . Just hangout , enjoy food. And we have never stay over at Sonu's  place right ? So it would be fun"

Menul has this weakness not being able to say No to someone . So finally he  agreed to go too.

And I knew my parents would allow me to stay over at Sonu's place. However strict my father was , probably because of Sonu's parents' social status or something he never prohibited me from going there.

So you just wait Vinu.. see how can this ball of sunshine can melt you tomorrow..

.
.
.
.