harsh words

When you are  broken person  a hurtful word from someone you really care about, can shatter you .

I knew Sonu didn't meant those words to be personal or about me. But her words and attitude pushed me into a deep pit of despair .

It was the health science period in school . Sonu was sitting with the girls .  As time went by she had become more and more distant to both me and Menul . I missed the the old times but she was determined to be away from us as it seemed .

So the lesson for today was human sexuality . The teacher talked about reproductive systems, process of reproduction and sex.. 
There was mere one sentence stating that a minor percentage of population can be homosexual , bisexual or transsexual .
No one in the class giving it a damn and no one had any questions to ask so far. But suddenly at this point Sonu raised her hand.

" So homosexual mean men having sex with men? " she asked .

" Yes , it can be about woman too . It means some one attracted to same sex as themselves . " teacher explained .
But Sonu had more to say.

" But isn't it really disgusting ?? ". She asked .
Some  students looked at her in disapproving eyes.
I had a great shock with those words.

" Sonu, you should not speak like that. . We are all just human".  It was the teacher .

But she didn't stop there.
" I can pity them. But its something abnormal and something really disgusting ". Her words were unlikely stern.

" Geez , that woman is crazy today " that was Menul whispering to my ears.

Sonu's mean words felt like pouring boiling hot water to my brain.
My fingers suddenly felt all sweaty and trembling .
I could not forget those harsh words even they were not aimed at me .
In that moment , I felt like things can be never be the same with Sonu again ..