*1*

WARNINGS: Mentions of "racism" "heinous torture" "decapitation"

? POV:

I was laying on my bed, reading a book. It was about Delphine LaLaurie and her three daughters- Pauline, Jeanne and Borquita. It was a reception that Delphine hosted, in hopes of arranging some marriages with her daughters and some eligible bachelors.

It was New Orleans in 1834. 1834 in New Orleans, was a very strict time, and not a lot of people were very accepting. Delphine, was one of those people, who were known to be not very accepting.

Reading about Delphine, is not for the weak stomach people. She makes me sick, just by reading about her. This is the same woman, who would apply blood to her face, almost as if it was makeup.

Unfortunately, it was the blood of her slaves. She would often say, "When the blood dries, my skin is supposed to be tight as a drum." During the dinner party, it turned from bad to worse.

She slapped her daughter, her youngest, Pauline. For not wanting to be with any of the eligible bachelors that she invited, but rather, a slave, a black man slave at that.

They made up a story- that he forced himself upon her, when it was the complete opposite-it was Pauline, whom forced herself upon him. He insisted that they were wrong, that he was in love with someone else- but Delphine would not listen.

They took him upstairs, to Delphine's own torture chamber, where she would beat her slaves endlessly, and in the most vile way of torture. They tied him up, like Jesus on the cross-only with his legs spread.

He was shirtless, only with a pair of sweatpants to protect him. She would say, "You want to rut like a beast, then we're going to treat you like one."

He would sob and wallow, as the young boy slave put a fresh decapitated head of a bull on the tied up slave. He could see out of the torn out eyeholes, but it was awful disgusting, even just to read about it.

I read the words that she said, "My great literacy began with Greek mythology. I used to sit on Daddy's lap, and he would read me those stories, full of their vengeful Gods, and wondrous miraculous creatures. But the Minotaur was always my favorite."

And, that is what the hanged slave became: The Minotaur. Delphine's own Minotaur. Half man. Half bull.