*21*

WARNINGS: "Decapitation" "Blood" "Murder" "Dead" "Dismembering" "Dead/Die" "Torture" "C****h"

Sophia's POV:

Continuing the book that I was reading on Madame LaLaurie. She returned from Paris, whom what was referred to as, 'the jewel of civilization,' but she was not happy about returning.

The girls' father had to continue with business, as his wife continued to insult what she considered to be 'the lowest of the low lives.' The daughters, especially the middle child, tried to tell their mother that she had them by her side, but to Madame LaLaurie, that was not enough.

The daughters have never decapitated a chicken before, and neither had their mother, but when she did- she let her obsession with blood take full control, as she let the river of blood spill over her hand until it was covered.

Her slaves often composed themselves to horrible injuries, and that is when her fascination with rubbing their blood on her face began. All it took was the blood of one slave. She blindsided him, and killed him-that is when she found her new hobby: killing her slaves, and using their blood for her face.

-PRESENT DAY-

Grandmother announces, "Our coven mourns. After facing so many trials, defending ourselves against onslaught. Forging enemies into friends. The witches of Miss Robichaux's Academy have fought for their lives."

We stood in a cemetery, in front of a closed casket. We all bow our heads. At the far end of the left stood: Kyle, I, Zoe, Madison, Myrtle Snow and my mother. Grandmother continues, "and won. And so, it is with great sadness, we must say goodbye to Nan."

I carry Salem in my arms, "What do you think, Salem?" He says, "I'm a cat. And I'm curious. So kill me."

Grandmother stood at the front announcing this, alongside Marie Laveau. We were having a funeral for Nan. It is believed that she is dead, but I know what happened to her, she is with Papa Legba, and it is all because of my Grandma and Marie.

Since then, I have not been able to look at my grandmother the same way again. She comes up with this lie, "Who fell in the tub" Marie, "Amen!" Myrtle, "If only Misty Day we're here to being the poor girl back."

My mother grabs my hand, "I have to do something, before one more of our girls dies." Myrtle, "Your mother, your grandmother's Pol Pot in Givenchy. What can be done?" I say, "Whatever is necessary."

Madison, "Misty's properly twirled her way to the Everglades by now. Don't bother" Queenie brings out someone, "The gardener said you'd be here." Grandmother was astonished, "You're alive?"

Queenie, "Bitch, you left me for dead" Marie acts like nothing had happened, "Oh, girl. I thought you were... Oh, get your ass over here." Turns out the person Queenie brought over was a collared and leashed Madame LaLaurie, who spits at Marie, "That's for dismembering me."

Marie slaps her, "That's for coming back. I thought I told you to put her white head in the trash" Queenie, "I had my own ideas" Mother, "Queenie" Zoe was confused, "You put her back together." Kyle, "No scars." Kyle holds my hand tightly as the very mention.

Queenie, "If I'd have done you, you wouldn't look like you'd be jammed through a blender" Mom, "The most important thing is that you're safe." Grandma, "None of us are safe! Why can't you understand that?"

Grandma points to LaLaurie, "You are coming with us. Okay, the funeral's over. Say your prayers as you exit" Madame, "I'm not going anywhere with any of y'all."

Marie and my mother follows after my grandmother as LaLaurie continues, "I've been suffering tortures of the damned. I'm not taking another step." Queenie yanks on the collar of Madame, and she follows her accordingly, without another word.

I place my hand on Nan's casket, bend down to its height, and I whisper, "I know what they did to you." Madison, Kyle and I, Zoe, Myrtle and then my mother left the cemetery after.

I decided not to eat any of Madame LaLaurie's soups-I didn't trust her with cooking. Marie decided to keep the little baby that she stole for Papa, she named her Ceci.

Zoe and I were conjuring up a spell in the reflection of the water in the bathtub, "Fiona. I knew it" and then Maria's reflection showed up as well. I already knew that, "My God. It was the both of them."

I made the reflections vanished. Zoe, "They drowned her. Why would they kill Nan?" Madison came into the bathroom, "Oh, what have we here, a romantic bubble bath?"

I say, "Zoe wanted to figure out what happened to Nan." Madison silently groans. Zoe, "Don't you care at all?" Madison, "Have you met me?" I say, "Misty and I were indeed right." Zoe, "We should have let you rot."

Kyle and I left Zoe and Madison's shared bedroom, and went to our own, where he told me, "I love Sophia." Myrtle walks into the bedroom of the girls, "What is going on here?"

Myrtle, "Oh, Madison, you are the worst kind of Hollywood cliche: a bobble head with crotch less panties!" Madison, "And you're a dried-up old Hot Pocket, but I don't judge."

Myrtle, "You can't speak to me that way-I am your elder" Madison, "Welcome to the Revolution, Carrot Top. As the next Supreme, I'm gonna drive this coven out of the Dark Ages. Crotchless panties for everyone."