*22*

WARNINGS: "runaway" "death" "killing" "blood"

Sophia's POV:

Zoe left the Academy on a train. I doubt that she comes back, they usually don't when they runaway.

When I fell asleep that night, I dreamt that I heard the sounds of piano, and a quote that I remember reading in a book:

'Guided by ancient tradition, witches survive only if united under a strong, singular authority.' Which I believe, is something that my grandmother, and my mother tried to enforce.

It was playing through my mind like a silent movie, "Every generation needs its leader The Supreme. No simple test could Ever determine the sovereign among us. We rely upon seven." Seven tests to be named the Supreme Witch.

They call the test, "The Seven Wonders." 'The Seven Wonders.' Seven acts of magic so advanced, each pushes the boundaries of craft into art."

What magic you have to perform in the test:

Telekinesis. "Control of the mind, also known as... Concilium. Transmutation. Divination. Vitalum Vitalis. "The balance of scales between one life force and another..." Descensum, "A perilous descent into the nether worlds of afterlife..." Pyrokinesis.

My Grandmother says, "Your highest honor comes at the greatest price. Death is not uncommon. And danger...inescapable. Attempting the Seven Wonders can get you killed. But perform them... and you are the next Supreme."

That next morning, I awoke from my chamber, and I heard my grandmother say those exact same words to Queenie, "I don't even need to read your mind to know what you're doing. You want us to perform the Seven Wonders. So that you can find out who the next Supreme is, you can kill her."

So, now, my Grandmother is going to try and get every girl to perform the Seven Wonders. I get why Zoe ran away. But now, it is only Madison, Queenie and I- who are the contestants.

She chose Queenie first, but she is going to die anyway- whether she takes the test, and fails or whether she takes the test, succeeds, and then she is killed by my grandmother.

My mother was curious about what happened to Misty-but, she told me that she saw that it was Madison who killed her.

And it was just that, that Madame Delphine LaLaurie was killed, in her own museum house, by Queenie, who met with Papa, to discuss the matter of Marie and Delphine. If one dies, the other one does as well.

My mother, was becoming not blind again, but her power went away, she made herself blind again, in hopes of regaining her power of sight. But, so far, that has been proven to be rather messy.

My grandmother said goodbye, and by her wearing my great,great, great grandmother's necklace, did she regain her sight gift completely. The necklace is a heirloom, and my great great great grandmother's necklace was her most precious gem.

I knew what my mother saw in the vision, because thanks to Nan, I inherited her gift of becoming a clairvoyant. My mother and I performed a ritual to find Misty, and we heard her at the same time, her echos haunting us in our minds, "I climbed a mountain and I turned around..."

My mother, Queenie and I showed up at the cemetery, where Misty was buried by Madison. Queenie, "How the hell are we going to get her out of there?" I say, "With a jackhammer, if we have to." Queenie, "I'm gonna go find a maintenance man." Mom insists, "No, no. Just us."

Queenie, "You mean, just us, and we don't have a jackhammer." Mom, "Stop being so literal and remember who you are." I quote, "When the rest of the world sees a wall, we see a window."

Queenie and I raise our hands straight out to the grave. The bricks begin to crack, as the casket cracks itself out of the buried dirt. An owl hoots in the distance, as it opens.

Mom, "Is she alive?" Queenie, "It's hard to tell." I yell, "Misty!" I continue, "She's not breathing" She all of a sudden, jumps up and starts to breath really hard.

Zoe, has returned to the Academy. Kyle and I have been planning a trip to Florida, just us two. But, Kyle is afraid, because he doesn't want to end up hurting someone, or hurting me accidentally.

But, when Zoe ran away, she brought someone back, and now, she believes that she is the next Supreme. My mother, I and Queenie walk in with Misty, "You bitch!" She slaps Madison, "Oh! You thought I was some dumb swamp rat that you could leave behind to die?"

Madison, "Um, yes." Misty slaps her again, "Oh!" Myrtle, "Girls, stop these vulgar fisticuffs at once. It's beneath us. Cordelia?" I ask, "Mother?" She answers, "I'm good." Misty, "I don't need to waste my magic on you. I can do you with my hands."

They wrestle for a bit,as Madison screams high pitched, "You hit like a girl!" Queenie, "This is awesome" Zoe, "No, it's not! Stop!" Misty shouts at Madison, "Come on. Get up, Hollywood."

We continue to watch them fight, before Kyle breaks them up, "Stop!" Then we hear another voice, "You! You must pay for what you've done!" We look at him, as he looks at us, with an axe in his hands, and a crazy look in both his eye.

Madison, "Oh, did you walk into the wrong house." She was indeed right, he tries to take a swing, and we push him back with our powers. He flew all the way across the room.

Queenie, "Who is that guy?" Mom, "I know that voice" I say, "It's the Axeman." Myrtle, "I thought you banished his soul to the appropriate nether realms?" Mom, "No, he's on the mortal coil."

He attempts to get up, "I'll kill all of you!" Myrtle takes note that it is not his own blood that's on him. Mom kneels down to the floor, "This blood is my mother's."

My grandmother is dead. Because of the Axeman.