*10*

WARNINGS: "Jail" "Burning body parts" "Sobriety" "Mentions of alcoholic beverages, and addiction" "death at a hospital"

Sophia's POV:

Nan comforted me, when Queenie was telling her backstory, "Did they send you to jail?" Queenie, "No." She was living in Detroit, and it was 2012, when she used her powers on a customer. He wanted an extra piece of chicken, at the place she managed, and she insisted that he already ate it. After he called her a "stupid fat ass" he, or I should say, his burnt arm was done for.

Queenie, "There were lots of witnesses, and none of them had actually seen me throw the oil. But, it made the local newspaper, and that's how Miss Cordelia found me." Mom, "You didn't want to join us at first."

Queenie, "I grew up on white girl shit like Charmed, and Sabrina the Teenage Cracker. I didn't know that there even were black witches." Just then, my black cat, Salem, jumped up on the couch, and cuddled into my lap. Salem is my familiar, and I absolutely love him to pieces.

Queenie, "But, as it turns out, I'm an heir to Tituba. She was a house slave in Salem. She was the first to be accused of witchcraft. So, technically, I'm part of your tribe. Is this where we all sing "Kum-Bah-Yah?"

Salem comments, "Come to Papa!" Then he starts to laugh as he sits on a can that is spinning around and around, "Wee wee." I laugh at him, and we all do, except for Madison. Zoe, "Who is that?" I say, "That's Salem. He is my familiar. He used to be a wizard, before he got turned into a cat."

He falls off the counter, and then a doorbell rings, "Oof, my wontons are here!"

She shouts, "Bitch, I will eat you!" Mom separates Queenie and Madison, "Hey! You guys have got to start taking care of each other. We have enough enemies on the outside."

Just then two detectives enter into our open space, "Ms. Foxx?" She asks, "Yes?" He says, "Detective Sanchez, NOPD Homicide. My partner, Detective Stiles." She asks, "What's this about?"

Detective, "We'd like to have a word with three of your girls." They looked at Madison, Zoe and I. The girls, I, my mother and the detectives sat in a room all together.

Detective, "When a movie star like you shows up at a sorority house, people are going to pay attention to where you go and with who. Lot of people saw you go into a back room with some of the guys on the bus."

Zoe, "What does that have to do with the bus flipping?" I start to cry again, as Salem curls into my chest, I stroke his fur, to try and ease my sadness and anxiety. Mom, "These are teenaged girls. How could they possibly do that?"

Mom, "This all seems so silly." Detective, "I'm just looking for someone, who had a motive to hurt those guys. Who could've screwed with the brakes or the steering column. Maybe whatever happened in that room was upsetting."

Zoe, "Shouldn't we have a lawyer here or something?" Detective, "We're just talking." Madison, "No. We barely spoke to them that night. They took me in the back room to try and get me high, but I said no." Zoe, "She's sober" Madison, "Except vodka."

Mom, "Madison has a wicked sense of humor. She has come a long way with her addiction issues. We're very proud of her." He asks, "Can I ask you why you visited one of the survivors in the hospital?"

We looked to Zoe, and the other detective showed her a picture, "I felt bad for him. We just met him the night before. He seemed nice." He says, "He died right after you left. The doctors can't quite figure out how, but when we checked you out, we noticed that another boy you knew died in the exact same way right before you got here. A boy named Charles Taylor."

I start to cry, Kyle wouldn't want me to lie, he wouldn't want any of this. I had to do what was right, "They gang-raped her" Zoe, "they got what they deserved!" Detective, "How did you flip the bus? Was it the wheels?"

Madison, "It was the wheels. I have no idea what they're talking about. Nobody raped me" Zoe and I stood up, "They've clearly lost their minds." Zoe, "Madison did it. She can move things with her mind. And I killed that asshole in the hospital. I have powers, too. We're witches."

I just shout, "KYLE!!!" I continue to mourn. Zoe, "No! No, enough lying. It's over" My mom begins to comfort me, "Everyone here is a witch. I'm so sorry. Please don't send us to jail."

Just then, Grandma came in, "Nobody's going to jail. Girls. Will you leave us, please? The girls exited." Detectives, "Are you in charge here?" Grandma, "I'm Fiona Goode. I'm in charge everywhere." Detectives, "We are going to take all three of the girls in for questioning. We'll try to keep this quiet, but that Madison girl..."

Grandma gave him a drink, and the other detective took a drink too. She worked her magic, and they agreed to never speak of it again.

Mother asks me, "Talk." I told her everything- the Frat party. What happened to Kyle. What Madison did, and what happened to her. What Zoe did to that boy in the hospital. She rocks me back and forth in her arms, "Oh. Honey. It's going to be okay. I had no idea. Why didn't you just talk to me about it?" I said, "I wasn't ready to talk about it yet, and I'm still struggling with it."