EIGHT

"For you, I will."

After that day, there was a shift between Aurielle Sharbino and Giovanni DaVinci. They both felt it, and they were sure. Giovanni knew that he had strong feelings for the girl, but he was unsure of her feelings towards him. This uncertainty twisted his stomach with anxiety.

Was he nervous about a girl not liking him back? He couldn't understand it at all. For his entire life, Giovanni never had any reason to feel anxious about anything. He was always so sure of himself, so confident and dominant.

Now, he felt as though he'd gotten soft and lost his power upon meeting his beauty. She flipped his world over without trying or even having knowledge of what she had done. This made him feel vulnerable, but only to her. He always wanted to be near her, but he didn't want to smother her. After all, he was a stranger to her. But she wasn't a stranger to him.

Aurielle felt different about Giovanni. She liked the way he held her safely in his lap and the way he quickly changed his sexual intentions when he heard that she was sad. She liked the way he knew how to comfort her and make everything better.

Is that what emotional availability was? She couldn't tell.

She also liked the way he'd give her genuine feather light kisses. It felt as though it came off instinct for him to constantly make her feel loved. Whether he meant it or not, it worked. She did, in fact, feel loved by him, and she welcomed it.

What is love?

How do you know when someone loves you?

How do you love them back?

Aurielle didn't know any of this, how to love him and make him feel loved. She wanted to try for him. He was worth it.