NINE

Gio got home from work and came up to my room himself to tell me that we'll be having a movie night. His way of apology.

It's really not that deep, and he already apologized before, but he insisted on making it up to me.

I sat on the chair in front of my vanity, and I started on my skincare, removing all of my makeup. I took down my hair from the high puff and massaged my scalp with some oil. It's always a good feeling when you finally take down your hair at the end of the day.

I scooped out some moisturizing styling cream into my hand and applied it into my hair. I decided to put my hair into some low tension granny plaits and covered my head with a bonnet. I took a shower and changed into some sweatpants and a tank top.

"Ma'am, Don needs you downstairs, " I heard Clementine say from behind my door.

"I'll be there soon, thank you!" I put on some deodorant and rubbed coconut oil onto my skin. I made the coconut oil myself since there's nothing to do here in this house, and school starts on Monday.

I hurriedly made my way down the stairs to the theatre room where Giovanni had been waiting for me.

"How was your day?" His voice was deep and rich. It made my body...tingle? Is that the word I'm looking for?

"It was okay, thank you for asking," I smiled as I took a seat. He was pouring out popcorn from the food bar.

"Always, " he nodded.

"How about you?" I asked, looking at him. He tensed at the question. His back muscles contracted a bit. I saw that through his lack of a shirt.

He only wore a pair of grey sweatpants that hung lowly on his waist, exposing a bit of his V-line.
Goodness.

"Hm?" He walked towards me with the popcorn in one hand and my favourite snacks in the other.

"I asked about your day. How was it?" I said, concerned etched onto my face.
He looked stressed.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked, ignoring me. He ran a hand through his already dishevelled hair, making it messier.

"Eat Pray Love," I'd started watching this movie years ago and never got the chance to finish it.

We were about 30 minutes into the movie, and I had been shifting uncomfortably for the past five minutes.  I hate this.

"What's the matter, bellissima?" Gio asked from beside me

"It's nothing. Enjoy the movie, " I said, brushing him off.

I bit into a granola bar, enjoying the taste. How did he even know that I liked these?

"Tell me."
"Not until you tell me what's bothering you," I shrugged.

"I'm just stressed," he said shortly after.