TWENTY-TWO

"I think I found my best friend."

"I knew I loved you before I met you. I have been waiting all my life."

"I've been looking for you everyw-" I stopped, eyes wide at the sight before me.

Francesco was on the floor, giving Donatello a blow job. They quickly scrambled away.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry," Donny rushed out.

"Don't let me disturb you," I nervously said as I turned on my heels to leave.

"Oh, God," Francesco ran a hand through his hair, getting up.

"No, no, no! It's okay, I didn't even see anything," I poorly lied before running out, closing the door behind me.

Oh, good lord.

"Baby?" I heard Gio call out as he was walking down the stairs.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you," I walked up to him.

"I took your mom shopping, " he said, putting his keys down.

"Oh, what did you get?" I asked curiously. I was happy that Gio and my mom had become so close in such a short period of time. I was happy to have her back in my life.

"You'll see tonight, I just need to grab something from my study," he said as he patted my head, moving past me.

"Wait, no!"
"Why?" He raised a brow at me.

"I um - the maids are cleaning," I lied quickly.

"But they're not allowed inside, " he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I knocked over some of my tea in there," I said.

"They should be done by now then," he began to walk again.

"No, it's like...a lot," I got in front of him, holding his chest.

"You're hiding something, " he lifted me out the way and walked into the study, seeing the two men conversing about business.

I sighed in relief.

"Next time, don't have sex in here," he said to them, catching us all off guard.

"Let's go," he said, taking my hand in his as we exited the room.

"Where are we going?" I struggled to keep up with his steps.

"I'm taking you out, " he smiled.

"I'm not dressed to go out," I looked down at my plain white t-shirt and black joggers.

"You look fine, don't worry," he kissed my temple.

We got in the vehicle and travelled down to a familiar road. We arrived at Lillian's ice cream shop.

"Aw, how'd you know I wanted ice cream?" I held my heart. I've been dying to try something new since Lillian made some fresh flavours.

"I didn't, " he shrugged as we walked over to a picnic bench. A variety of foods were spread out on the table. A beautiful vase of peonies sat in the middle. They were my favourite flowers.

"You're so sweet, " I cooed as I looked at everything. I was already hungry looking at it all.

"I know you'd be ready to eat, so we'd start do that first. I have to talk to you after," he said, looking nervously at me.

I nodded as we both sat down and enjoyed the delicious food that he had made.

I never knew he could cook.
Okay, it's not really 'cooking' per se . There were just different varieties of sandwiches and vegetable/ fruit salads.

"It's a little duckling," I pointed at the lonely little animal floating by itself in the pond.

"I want one!" I pouted as I looked at Giovanni, who looked lost in thought.

"I'd give you the entire world, bellissima," he said, meaning every word.

"That day when I walked into that café, I never expected to see you and fall so deeply so soon for you either. I loved you almost immediately, and you loved me right back, even though you hated me at first, " he began, chuckling at the end.

"You taught me to be a better person, and you changed me so much without knowing it. You warmed my cold house and made it a home. You cared for me, loved me, and put my issues first. You're so special to me, Aurielle, " he held my hand in his and got down on one knee, showing a beautifully eye-catching ring.

"Will you marry me?"

Oh.

My.

Fucking.

God.

"Yes," I smiled, hugging him tightly.

He got up and caught my lips in a passionate kiss.

"Don't fuck on my property, kids," we heard Lillian say, causing us both to laugh.

"We won't, Ms. Lillian!" Gio shouted over, giving her a smile of gratitude. It looks like she had something to do with the proposal since the area was nicely decorated.

"How did you get my ring size?"
"I measured your finger while you were asleep, " he said casually.

"Hm."

"Aurielle DaVinci. How does that sound?" He kissed my cheek as we walked back.

"Meh, Sharbino sounds better, " I shrugged. He paled at my words.

"I'm kidding, " I laughed as I squeezed his hand.

"You better be," he muttered under his breath.

"I love you so much," I said softly.

"I love you so much more," he smiled warmly.

"But I love you more!" I protested.

"Nope, I do," he rolled his eyes at me.

"That's not even possible," I huffed.

"I loved you first," he said, opening the car door for me.

"Oh yeah? Well, I loved you even before I met you," I flipped him off.

"Be logical," he laughed.

"What? Even Savage Garden said it," I shrugged.

I plugged my phone into the aux and put on the song, I Knew I Loved You.

"You're crazy," he looked at me with nothing but pure adoration in his eyes.

"You love it," I blew him a kiss as he drove.

"I do."