TWENTY-THREE

"That night we kissed, how could I forget?"

"You gave me everything a woman can dream about. "

"Do you, Giovanni Alexio DaVinci, take Aurielle Marie Sharbino to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you, Aurielle Marie Sharbino, take Giovanni Alexio DaVinci to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Cheers erupted from the awaiting congregation. Butterflies burst from cocoons in my stomach as I brought her into a passionate kiss.

I love her so much. She loves me too.

**** Five years later, ****

"Gio! Can you come here really quickly?" I heard my wife call from the bathroom.

I got up from where I laid on the bed and walked into the bathroom. She sat on the bathroom floor with a pregnancy test in hand.

"There are two lines," she whispered, as if she couldn't believe it.

I got down on the floor beside her with a wide smile on my face.

"Why are you smiling?" She grabbed the front of my shirt, shaking.

"You're pregnant," I pulled her into a hug.

"You knew, didn't you?" She sighed.

"Of course I did. You started eating everything," I chuckled, with her joining me.

We sat there in a comfortable silence before she broke it, " Can I do this?"

"You can. Plus, you're not alone," I placed my hand on her stomach.

"I just opened another branch of the café in Jamaica," she sighed.

"You've been working so hard for the past year. You just need this time to slow down a bit," I kissed her forehead lovingly.

I knew she was a workaholic, and she'd push herself to exhaustion. Ever since she graduated, that's how it has been. It looks like things are about to change.

"We'll be amazing parents," she said, smiling, looking at the stick once more. Her anxiety had seemed to calm down.

"We will."

It feels like it was just yesterday that we met at Clara's Café and I took her for my own. The things that I felt for her were strong, like a magnetic pull, and I'm thankful for it.

I'd been tired of going through emotionally draining relationships, which were driven purely on lust. I thought that a functional relationship should have more lust to keep it going. I was wrong.

I changed and I swapped two things. I traded Lust for love.

The End.

See you in the next one.
Xoxo, Jae.