FIFTEEN

"He belongs to me

"He belongs to me. The boy is mine."

"Giovanni, baby!" The girl finally walked up to our table. She had been staring for the past half hour.

It was no doubt that they knew each other. I could see it in his face.

She had pin straight blonde hair with icy blue eyes. She had almost a pound of makeup on her face, going crazy with the highlighter. The girl also had an overdone tan that actually looked painful. There were tan lines from her thin strap, tiny dress.

"Jessica," Giovanni said flatly.

"You haven't responded to my texts in months! Have you left Italy?" Her voice was like nails against a chalkboard.
I sat there watching silently as it played out before me.

"I've been right here. I just blocked you," his eyes showed his annoyance at her presence.

"How could you- ugh! Is it because of this bitch?" Jessica pointed at me.

Damn, if looks could kill.

"The only bitch here is you. Leave." Giovanni snapped at her.

She didn't seem to hear him say to leave, because she turned to me," what have you done to him?"

"I did what you couldn't do, obviously, " I took a sip of my red wine, keeping my voice calm.

"YOU WHORE!" She screamed.

I chuckled dryly, " lower your voice when you're talking to me. I have no interest in what you're trying to create here, so save yourself the embarrassment and see yourself out."

"Giovanni, I could do so much better than her," she turned to him desperately.

"You could always have him you know," I said, looking at the menu completely bored with the conversation.

"If he wants you, that is," I smirked knowingly.

"Shut u-"

"Enough, Jessica! You're interrupting the time with my wife," he narrowed his eyes at her.

She looked as though she was going to burst. Her face was cherry red and she shook in anger before walking off, tripping over her own feet before exiting the restaurant.

"Wife, huh?" I flipped my waist length hair over my shoulder. Gio objected to me pressing it, but I thought it would go better with the outfit and scenery.
I know we've been with the natural hair movement for a few years now but I prefer doing my hair based on my mood.

"If only you'd agree," he smiled warmly.

"Is this a proposal?" I laughed fondly at the man across from me.

"Of course not. You deserve so much better than this, bellisima," he chuckled.

"This is a 5 star restaurant, popular for its hosting for the most iconic proposals. This would have been okay," I shrugged with a smile as I saw the server bringing our food.