TWENTY

**** Giovanni*****
A/N: the pov banner literally wouldn't work, and I don't know why 😭

"I wanna be your left hand man."

"Gio?" Aurielle whispered over to me on the bed.

"Sì, amore?"
"Would you still love me if I was a worm?" She looked at me with no hint of playfulness in her voice.

"Jesus, it's two in the morning, " I ran a hand over my face tiredly.

"So you wouldn't?" She asked, tears brimming her eyes.

"Be realistic," I sighed tiredly.

"You're such an asshole!" She turned over, pulling the duvet over her head.

"Don't be like that. You know I'd still love you," I tried to touch her, but she pulled away.

"You don't love me anymore," she sniffled beside me.

That's how it's been going lately, we have lots of sex, she cries, she gets upset with me, and repeat.

"I do, baby," I pulled the cover off her, then attacked her with kisses, making her smile.

"But you said you don't."

I literally never said that.

"Fine, I'd love you even if you were a worm," I kissed her nose.

"Hmm, if you say so," her soft lips met mine as she got on top of me.

"Are you still tired?" She smirked.

"Not anymore, " I flipped her over with me on top.
"Good."

****
The sun shined off of her naked body, making her skin glow beautifully. Her breaths were gently paced with her chest rising up and down.

I kissed her cheek and got up to get ready for the day.

"Mother," I greeted her as she pulled me in for a hug.

I asked to meet at her favourite tea shop where she meets with her rich friends every Saturday.

"I was surprised that you called, " she chuckled, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"I wanted to make things right with you after all these years," I said.

"Oh, honey. It's okay," she tried to wave me off.

"No, I acted terribly towards you and Iman. I'm really sorry, and I hope we'd be able to move past this," I said solemnly. She held her hands out, holding mine in hers.

"I forgive you. You're my son, and I know why you'd react that way," she smiled tightly.

"I was immature. "

"You were hurt," she squeezed my hand.

"That doesn't excuse my behaviour, mamma, "I sighed.

"I never helped you through your grief, and I just left you to figure it all out on your own. I'm sorry," she wiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry too. You deserve happiness, " I smiled as my own tears threatened to spill.

"You have no idea how good it makes me feel to hear you finally say that," she got up to hug me.

We put it all behind us and enjoyed each other's company, just like the old times.

I needed this.