Pippa - The Little Thing

"Hello Miss busy bug," A woman from the other end of the phone spoke as Nirvaani stuffed her mouth with a sandwich, "Come on Karishma, you're repeating the same things 4th time. Get to the point," Nirvaani said while taking another bite from her sandwich,
"Why, you're busy again?" The woman taunted as she chuckled. "Okay fine, take your time," Nirvaani said while rolling her eyes. Karishma was Nirvaani's childhood best friend, they were friends from like class 4th.

"Well, I have a good news," the woman said quite excitedly, "actually two." 
Nirrvaani smiled as she said on the phone "Okay, now that's like my Karu, go on Artist Karishma."
Karishma chuckled before speaking,
"Pftpft, I'm pregnant," Karishma said making Nirvaani choke on her sandwich, nirvaani coughed as she said,
"Wait, Oh my god," nirvaani coughed "You're not kidding right!! I'M GOING TO BE A MASI!!" Nirvaani said standing up from where she was sitting. She walked around the canteen like a mad woman, she was so excited that she was stumbling as she spoke.

"Okay, okay Dr. Masi, now calm down for a while. Leave some excitement for another good news too," Karishma said making nirvaani pause for a moment, Nirvaani was speaking like this was their last conversation, she was so excited that she didn't even pause to breathe as she spoke, Of course, there could be no better news than first one.

"Okay, go on," Nirvaani said as she took hold of a chair while Karishma chuckled hearing her best friend go crazy about her being pregnant. Nirvaani was a serious, disciplined, mannered quiet bird in front of everyone but in front of Karishma, she was a whole new person, crazy, extrovert, and an all-fun chatterbox.

"Okay, so the good news is," Karishma paused, "Ritesh is getting a promotion, and...now...we're...
goingtoshiftinahemdabad" Karishma screamed the last words way too fast that nirvaani couldn't hear her properly, "What?" She asked wanting her to repeat,
"I'm shifting there stoopid," She said making nirvaani jump, nothing could match the level of her happiness. The last they met was 7 years ago when she was a mere intern and Karishma had a small workplace, and now they both were successful in their fields. Karishma was working on huge projects while being happily married to the love of her life, and Nirvaani ran India's one of the best Hospitals.

"When's the flight, I'll come to pick you up," Nirvaani said excitedly.
"I'll reach there tomorrow morning at 8," Karishma said making Nirvaani jump again. "You should've told me earlier, god! I'll have to cancel the meeting to pick you up." Said Nirvaani. Karishma chuckled, knowing that Nirvaani never cancelled her meeting, not even when was sick, but if it was for her Nirvaani could even give up her hospital...

They chatted a bit about random stuff after which nirvaani hung up the call to change for the meeting.

_

After meeting Nirvaani scrunched her back walking out of the hall and searching for Roohi as she was supposed to be outside ready to recite her schedule for the day.

Suddenly while searching for Roohi she was greeted by Abhishek.
"Thank god I found you here," He said as he wiped off sweat with his handkerchief. "Everything good?" Nirvaani asked looking at Abhishek who looked like he had run a 50-meter marathon.

He gave her an assuring smile as he said, "Yes" He said, "Actually I wanted to invite you to my housewarming party," He said making nirvaani give him a confused look, "Housewarming? You bought a House here?" She asked, "Yeah, after all, I'm gonna stay here for a long time." He said as he smiled at Nirvaani.
Nirvaani first looked at him in confusion and then with her mouth wide open, "Wait, don't tell me you're shifting to India?" She said quite loudly waiting for Abhishek to reply, "You got it right." He said as he gave her a pleasing smile. "You know, after all, India is my hometown, and if I'm getting a chance to work here for equal pay as abroad, why will I work in that foreign land?" Nirvaani was happy to hear Abhishek's words, after all, he was a good neurosurgeon with less pay. Their hospital needed such professionals.
Nirvaani hugged him excitedly and while breaking it she said, "God, today must be my lucky day, You know I was so stressed about finding good neurosurgeons as soon as possible, you lightened my worry a lil' bit" She said with a broad smile on her face, indeed Today was her lucky day, three good news in a loop.

"So, You're coming tonight right?" Abhishek asked, making Nirvaani's smile fade a bit, Her schedule was so tight that she barely had time to breathe
Nirvaani with a faded smile said "Dr. Batra I've a meeting scheduled with Mr., Raghuvanshi tonight, I don't think I'll-" Before nirvaani could complete she was cut off by Abhishek, "I'll talk to him regarding that, you're coming to my party, no excuses," He said as he walked away without hearing another word from nirvaani.
"I'll WhatsApp you the details." He said while walking away

"But Dr Batra-" Before Nirvaani could say anything, Abhishek vanished in thin air.
She sighed before walking towards OT, she couldn't deny it as he was insisting a lot.

She finally found Roohi near the OT, "Good morning Maam," she said as nirvaani smiled at her. "Should I recite your schedule?" Roohi asked as Nirvaani said, "Sure, but before that cancel everything after 7 P.M, I need to be somewhere.."

_

"Mamma, look at these jhumkaas," Nirvaani said giving her mom the jewellery box she was holding.
Nirvaani was wearing a white kurta with slight embroidery, her hair was flowing open, and she wore a light gold bracelet on her left hand.
Her eyes had slight eyeliner and Mahal with her lips beautifully covered in nude lipstick matched her natural lip colour.

Mrs Jain looked at the jewellery box picking up a Silver Jhumka, as she said, "This will match your outfit, try it out."
Nirvaani took the jhumka and placed it near her ear checking herself in the mirror.
"Your choice is the best mamma." She said smiling as she quickly wore those jhumkaas and got ready for the evening.

_

Nirvaani walked out of her car and greeted the driver before stepping out.
She checked the address as she looked at the huge house, lit from outside and inside, it was obvious by the appearance that she was at the right place.

She walked inside the huge garden, her jutis making a click-clack sound as she walked.
She could hear the noise of Bollywood songs as she went closer.
She took a deep breath and moved her hands in her hair slightly adjusting them, before opening the wooden door and stepping in.

"OH MY GOD!!! GET AWAY!!" Nirvaani screamed as a little figure jumped over her as she made her way inside.
The music suddenly turned off as Abhishek with certain guests came running to the door hearing Nirvaani's scream,
"What's wrong?" Abhishek breathed.
He then glanced at Nirvaani and the little figure who was casually caressing her left leg.

"Hey, don't be scared, this is my Pet dog," He said as Nirvaani stepped behind trying to get away from that little thing,
"You don't like dogs?" Abhishek laughed looking at Nirvaanj getting scared of his little pet.

Abhishek bent down on his knees,
"Come here Pippa, don't trouble our guests." He called that little thing.

The more he spoke the more it got closer to Nirvaani, and the more it got closer the more Nirvaani got scared

Finally, Abhishek took the puppy in his embrace as he said,
"She's Pippa, my little companion in this huge house."
Nirvaani looked at that thing in Abhishek's hand and then looked up at him while gulping. "Gosh, that scared me." She said making other fellows laugh, "Ma'am, you're scared of dogs, aren't you?" Someone from behind laughed making Nirvaani give him an angry eye, he was Anand, a Neurosurgeon from Dr. Batra's team.
He quickly got quiet as Nirvaani looked back at Dr. Batra, "Please keep that thing away while I'm here." She said as she fastened her steps inside.
Everyone chuckled looking at Nirvaani's actions.

_

A/N - I won't be posting any chapter this Sunday as I already posted it today...