His First Love

“Here, have this.” Said Abhishek passing Nirvaani a dark chocolate. “Dr. Batra, there's no need for it.” Said Nirvaani returning back the dark chocolate.
Both of them were in Abhishek's cabin and to be honest his cabin was a total mess. The books were scattered around, his laptop was left open on the table, the empty packets of food too were left on the table instead of the Dustbin which was not much away from where he sat. He was an unorganised person when it came to cleanliness, which was why Nirvaani could relate to his mother managing his house instead of him.

Nirvaani insisted on going back to work but abhishek didn't let her, he didn't want Nirvaani to make mistakes because of bad mood and then regret later, and it was not just about Nirvaani but also for her patient's safety.
“I'm not asking,” Abhishek said and tore the packet of dark chocolate. This man was soo stubborn.
“See, now it's open already, it'll be a waste of food if you don't take it now.”
Abhishek broke the chocolate into 2 halves, and while giving Nirvaani the bigger one he said, “You know what, I love this chocolate so much it is best for an instant energy boost.”
He smiled which was returned by Nirvaani. A dark chocolate, that wasn't something Nirvaani was much fond of, she didn't like chocolates in general weather it was dark or light. It was not like she hated them but neither they were something she would crave for.

“Thank you,” She said as she took the first bite of that chocolate.
And to be honest, that chocolate was really good, it was a little hard to break but melted softly as soon as it reached the tongue, the chocolate was neither too sweet nor too bitter. It was just perfect, just like Abhishek.

Abhishek felt relieved seeing Nirvaani calm down.
He didn't like seeing anyone stressed, no matter who the person was, that's why he had such a good bonding with everyone at the hospital.
Even his colleagues referred him as *Stress booster*, as he brought smile to everyone's face. He could be boring sometimes but he always tried his best keep people around him happy.
And in Nirvaani's case, he had a soft corner for that lady, to him she felt like the female version of him in many things. Kind, humble, hard working, polite, just a little shy at times and less extroverted and clumsy as compared to him.
Maybe that was the reason he was so in love with her.

He couldn't tell when he started falling for her, was it the day she helped him with the dishes in his party? Or Was it the day he woke her up in the morning and she showed him her secret room inside her cabin?
Was it the day he went to pick her up? Or did he fall for her at their first meeting itself, that late night call when she was feeling sleepy?

It didn't matter when he started having feelings for her, what mattered the most was the confession, he couldn't wait much, but he didn't want to take things fast either, and anyways he had a lot of time it was not like he or Nirvaani was going anywhere. He had already sent his resignation letter to his old hospital, and Nirvaani had already approved of him.

He wanted to understand her, he wanted to know her childhood, her teenage, her school, her college, her family, her friends, her enemies, her rivals, about her bad days, but also about the memories she cherished, her fears, her excitements, her likes, her dislikes, just everything.
If there was a book about her, he could read it everyday without getting bored.
He didn't know how he fell so fast but it was just amazing, the feeling of something dancing in his stomach as soon as he saw her, how his eyes would search for her as soon as he entered the hospital, the way his mood would lighten up just after a small conversation with her, the way single smile could decide his whole mood for a day. He was having it for the first time, she was his First love.

“By the way, when are you planning to consult with my team about increase in their contract?” Abhishek asked.
Nirvaani had almost forgotten about it, there were barely 10 days left for the month end,  she had to arrange the meeting as soon as possible.
She had only finalised the resumes of 4 neurosurgeons till now, and it was impossible to run such a big hospital with just 9 including her old neurosurgeons.

“I'm planning to organize a meeting tomorrow evening, I'll ask someone to send the details till tonight.” Nirvaani replied.

“Hm,” Said Abhishek standing up, “I'll leave now, it's almost the time for round.” He said. After the round he even had an appointment for consultancy session with an patient, after which would be left with no time for Nirvaani. He wanted to be there with her, atleast that day when she had gone through a lot, it might sound nothing for comman people but it is so humiliating for a doctor when someone blames them for their patient's death.

But for now As a doctor his Abhishek's priority was his patients, he couldn't get late for the round.
Nirvaani smiled and replied, “Of course, it's the duty's call, you can't ignore it.”
Nirvaani too stood up, “I'll go in my cabin too, I still have some time before my next surgery.”
With that Nirvaani bowed her goodbye to Abhishek and took her leave.

_

“THE PUNISHMENT FOR THREATENING A PATIENT,” Nirvaani typed on her laptop. The echo of her typing was the only thing that could be heard in the silent room.

Soon several results showed up on her screen,
“Section - 506
Whoever commits the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.”
One of the web result showed. Obviously one couldn't directly belive it, as it was just a statement there were different categories according to the seniority of crime committed, but the result atleast gave Nirvaani an idea of the punishment Saaransh could face.

Two years of jail! That was going to be a trouble. Amd it was not just about 2 years Or the penalty. Even after 2 years of jail, it would ruin his reputation fully that no matter how much he'll try he won't be able to get back to his work life like before.
Once the trust gone, it can never be retained.

There had to be a way out of it, else it was all over for him.
Nirvaani shutted down the laptop recollecting the events of that day,

“Touch her again, and I'll rip out every single neuron of your brain without any instrument,” Gosh why did he have to say that.
The things would've been pretty less messy for him if he hadn't shouted that so loud that the media had evidence of it.
It was not just about the jail, he would be alright if that man decided not to file a complaint against him and it wasn't a tough task to convince him but his job was either way in danger. His hospital in California wouldn't accept him if the news got out.

Leaving Saaransh, it was neither good for The Straight line's reputation if the news got out 
the people will start developing distrust, which would cause them a huge loss.

Nirvaani wasn't blaming Saaransh for her hospital, in fact she was caring less about her hospital. It was about him. No! There was no way he was getting into trouble because of her. It was not exactly because of her, but she was in someway the reason of his actions.
If she would've done a little better job in convincing that man Saaransh would've never had to step into the scene and none of it would've happened.
Did he do it for her? She did think that for a second and then let that thought vanish. It was not the time to be delusional, instead it was time to be practical and clean her mess.

Nirvaani was thinking about these, and all of a sudden her phone started ringing. It was a call from the management team.
“Hello?” She said as she picked up the call.

“Ma'am, we're in trouble. See the video I sent you.” A man spoke from the other end.

_

A/N - here comes the end of chapter, hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment before leaving!!
Bye bye!