Back Then

After a short conversation in the canteen, the duo decided to part away as it was time for both their surgeries, doctors don't even have time to collect themselves after a huge breakdown, do they? 

After an hour-long surgery, Nirvaani stretched her hands while walking out of the OT, a Long morning after a long night, the only difference was the morning was still better. Afterall, unlike people  Hard work never betrays you.

Nirvaani would have forgotten about Karishma if it was not for her phone's notification to remind her about Karishama's gynac visit which she had fixed before karishma had even landed in Ahmedabad. After all, she needed to be taken care of, it was a crucial time and one mistake could cause danger to the baby and Karishma both.  

Nirvaani before calling Karishma took a deep breath, she didn't want to sound sad Or angry in any way. 

"Hello," Karishma answered in a slightly high-pitched voice waiting for Nirvaani to speak from the other end, "Karu, I've planned your meeting with Gynac today, you remember, right?" 

Nirvaani walked through the corridor as she spoke through the phone. 

Karishma with a jerk replied as she stood up from the cosy sofa she was sitting at while munching on chips Nirvaani's mother fried for her, "Oh, I remember, how can I forget that, I was on my way only." Said Karishma as she scratched her messy hair while adjusting her pyjamas as she stood up, gosh this girl was going to be late again.

"Good, be fast. Gynac is on her way too," Nirvaani said as she hung up the call and slid the phone into her pocket. 

Karishma on the other hand ran to the guest room leaving everything on the couch as she looked at herself in the mirror. 

"I'm doomed" She mumbled to herself while washing her face with lime face wash on the washbasin. 

_

"Ma'am, it's been 30 minutes since you said your friend is arriving soon," said the gynac arranging her stuff for the 7th time since she had arrived, what was Miss late even doing? Nirvaani looked up at the clock in embarrassment and then at her phone as she started to dial Karishma's number for the 4th time. 

"I'm at the gate, almost there." Breathed Karishma as soon as the Dialing sound went off, finally miss late Lateef was here. Nirvaani should've guessed it before and called her 2 hours before the appointment, she wouldn't have been shocked even if that forgetful human forgot her for a day or two with this habit continuing.

The door thudded open as the panting figure flashed in Nirvaani's eyes, there she was Mrs Karishma Sharma, as always late! 

"Sorry," Said her as the Gynac looked at Nirvaani who was giving Karishma an angry eye as she walked into the hall.

"It's alright," said the Gynac, with the expressions that didn't match with her words. 

Karishma took a seat in front of the Gynac while Nirvaani stood up to leave the two alone, since Karishma had already arrived there was no work of her in that room, also she had 2 meetings scheduled back to back in 20 minutes. 

"Where are you going?" Karishma held Nirvaani's sleeve as she was about to walk past her, "I've got a meeting, I'll collect your reports from the Ma'am later." Said Nirvaani looking back at Karishma who looked slightly scared, who wouldn't be? It was her first Gynac meeting, she didn't want to attend it all alone. Usually, the husbands accompany their wives, but look who was even they expecting it from? Ritesh, the man who had more work than the country's Prime Minister. 

"Please, can't you stay? I don't want to be here alone." Karishma pleaded looking at Nirvaani, the Gynac who was already done with the late Girl folded her hands looking at another melodrama of the ladies. She wasn't insensitive, not at all but it was her work schedule that made her like that. One can't waste even a second when he/she has 10 patients scheduled in a day.