The Protest

After having lunch with Karishma and Her parents Nirvaani decided to leave back for the hospital. She had already wasted 2 hours at home, it was a quality time but still the work was waiting for her and she was 35 minutes late according to her planned day, it was difficult to manage her day without a secretary. She had been taking interviews for the secretary but finding someone like Roohi was impossible, despite her mistakes Roohi was someone who had a solution to everything. She never complained about late night works, of course she got enough pay for it still she had a better profile than the people Nirvaani had been interviewing.

_

Stepping into the hospital Nirvaani saw a huge crowd Near the reception.  Nirvaani handed her handbag to one of the staff as she walked towards the crowd to see what was going on. The people wore cheap and torn clothes and it was obvious from their appearance that they must belong to the slum area. Nirvaani saw Dr. Radhika Mittal standing slightly away from the crowd, she decided to ask her about the situation.

“Oh!” The doctor startled as a hand tapped on her shoulder. “Oh! Ma'am thank god you're here.” Dr. Mittal said.
Nirvaani was confused about what was going on, first the crowd, now the anxious doctor, she had a wrong feeling about it. She had heard many news about the protests in hospitals and the crowd and shouts made it seem like one.
The protests were not something any doctor would ever want to experience in their life.

“Where is your phone?” The doctor asked as Nirvaani took out her phone from the pocket and tried to turn it on, it was dead. “I think it is dead.” Nirvaani said. “Why do you ask?”
“We've been calling you since an hour.” The doctor said anxiously, the panic on her face made Nirvaani panic too, something must be very wrong, The thing she was fearing
“What's the case?” Nirvaani asked, thin lines partially visible on her big forehead.
The lady doctor pointed towards the crowd, “The people are protesting, I don't exactly know which patient but he died during the operation.”
Nirvaani looked at the crowd, she was used to seeing people shout at the doctors for their loss thinking all of it was there fault, but in years of her experience she had only heard of protests happening against the doctors around the country, it was the first time she was seeing it in front of her eyes. And that looked scary, she could hear a person shouting “The Cruel Doctors Killed Our Brother” and the several people repeated after them
The frequency of voice scared her, she wasn't sure if she could handle it all.

“They were asking to meet you,” Said the doctor to which Nirvaani nodded, she was nervous she didn't know how was she going to deal with the situation. Of course the people would want to meet her as she was the owner.
She managed to gain some confidence, she never had a choice, after all it was her hospital, she was forced to be strong even when she was shivering in fear.

While taking a deep breath she walked towards the crowd. After all she had to be held accountable for any mishap in the hospital.

_

“Oh ma'am where were you?” Asked another doctor as Nirvaani made her way towards the crowd, he was more senior but she could see the amount of trust he had on her in his eyes. “Anyways Thank god you're finally here.” The trust comes with responsibility, the responsibility she had towards the staff.

The protests became clearer as she walked forward. The fellow doctors kept clearing her way “Dr. Nirvaani is here!!!” Screamed a doctor bringing all the attention at Nirvaani.
Her heart was racing inside, but she couldn't let it show on her face, everything depended on her. If she broke, her hospital would collapse too.

“So, you're that greedy woman who killed my brother.” A man in blue T-shirt which was torn at the sleeves stoped protesting and walked towards Nirvaani.
Nirvaani clenched her Fist and bit her tounge trying keep herself in place.
Apologizing was the best option looking at the severity of the situation.