Bitter Poison

"So, Do you have anything to speak in your favour?" Nirvaani folded her hands as she spoke to the sobbing lady in front of her. Nirvaani didn't have any expression whereas Roohi wouldn't stop sobbing, Nirvaani didn't sympathies her, not even for a second. She was sitting in front of a betrayer not her so called secretary.
If it was a normal day Nirvaani would've had empathy for the poor girl and consoled her, but that day the situation was different.
Saaransh and Abhishek were looking at the duo while sitting on the nearby couch in Nirvaani's cabin.

Abhishek stood up to hand a glass of water to the sobbing lady who wouldn't speak anything instead of the sobs, Nirvaani on the other hand simply ignored his action and Roohi's tears.

"I'm- I'm sorry- '' Roohi mumbled between the sobs which made Nirvaani even angrier, what she was expecting was an explanation for her actions, not a fake apology. No wonder that girl must've ni reason for doing something as serious as that, and now she was trying to gain Sympathy and emotionally weaken Nirvaani by that play. But Nirvaani wasn't going to let that happen, she knew the difference between betrayals and mistakes.

After 10 minutes of not getting the answer She needed, Nirvaani had it enough and was loosing her control. (like the writer is loosing her motivation to write because the readers ain't voting and commenting)
"TELL ME THE FU*KING REASON FOR WHAT YOU DID, WAS MY PAY LESS FOR YOUR SURVIVAL?" Nirvaani banged the table making all three of them jump as the room went silent, Abhishek gulped in fear while Saaransh was in extreme shock. But Roohi remained as she was, crying and sobbing without any answer.

Nirvaani at that instant felt bad for her actions, not for Roohi, not at all, she deserved every bit of it but for the two doctors who had to see her this side.

"I'm-im sorry" That's what she said again, these were the only words that the girl had mumbled all this time, "I'm sorry" Why would she say that when she didn't even mean it? Was the reason too naive that she felt shame while saying it? money? Power? Nirvaani wanted to know what made that greedy girl betray her.

Nirvaani sighed looking at the girl who was not ready to expose the truth, what could she do if the girl had zero Explanations for her behavior? She had no choice but to make her judgement based on what she had thought was the reason because Roohu gave her none.

"Fine, if you don't say anything, I'm firing you assuming whatever you did had no valid reason." Nirvaani stood up from her desk silently walking towards the door of her cabin Expecting that hearing her words Roohi would speak something but she didn't.

As soon as Nirvaani left, the room filled with Roohi's cries and tears, Abhishek sympathised with the poor lady, while Saaransh, on the other hand, had a hatred for the girl, how could she betray someone with whom she had been working for years, and from what he had observed in these days, Roohi was like a sister to Nirvaani. She gave her everything without even her asking, when Roohi had a hard time with her mother's health Nirvaani didn't even think twice before approving her leave of 10 days even when Roohi had already reached the limit of her official leaves.
Nirvaani never scolded her, despite of her mistakes in the work, she even gave her extra pay on her own each time she thought she made her work more than usual. All of this to get betrayed in return?

"I'll go check on Dr Nirvaani" Saaransh stood up from the seat, eyeing at the crying girl.
"You should," Abhishek nodded without looking at Saaransh, his gaze still fixed on Roohi who had been crying like hell since Nirvaani left.
He was the only person in that room who had sympathy for the girl.

_

"Where are you going?" Saaransh tried to keep up with the girl's pace who was not looking Anywhere but straight. her steps were big and her hands folded, she had no expressions on her face nor was she in the mood for a chat.