You're amazing

After a short interval of time, both Mr Raghuvanshi and Nirvaani waved a warm goodbye. And guess what? He agreed to the time expansion, and now all there was left was a formality of asking the other team members about the agreement, which was not going to be very difficult. After all, they were getting double pay for working in a straight line with facilities better than their old hospital.

Saaransh who had tucked on his earphones to respect the privacy of the two readily took them off as Nirvaani made her way towards him.
"Thank you," She exclaimed with a smile.

Saaransh looked up at the lady who took off her hair band, letting her hair down and finally giving relief to her scalp.
Saaransh for a second couldn't take his eyes off her. Her brown hair, he rarely saw them open, mostly it was in a bun or a low ponytail and even when they were Open he barely got a chance to pay attention to it. The way her hair fell on her neck down to her waist, made her look like an Indian goddess with her brown-tinted skin tone. The more he looked the prettier they turned.

"Is something wrong?" Nirvaani asked looking at Saaransh while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Those words brought Saaransh back to his consciousness.
He denied moving his neck exactly 180 degrees.
"Nothing," He blinked and stood up.
"Don't be a creep Saaransh" He mumbled to himself.

"Okay then, I'm done with all my work, let's leave for the canteen." Nirvaani picked up her phone from the nearby table and with an awkward silence they both walked out of the cabin.

For the first time, there was silence between them, none spoke a word else on a normal day they wouldn't stop bickering and taunting each other.
The corridors were silent and empty, one would rarely hear any sounds, the patients were all sleeping while the doctors and nurses on duty were peacefully keeping a check on the sleeping patients exactly opposite of the morning when the same peaceful doctors would run around restlessly trying their best to attend every patient in need. Although the hospital still had to attend some emergency patients even late at night.

The Condition of the hospital contrasted with that of the hearts of the two doctors making their way towards the canteen, slowly and steadily but what didn't work slowly were the muscles of their heart. It was like a competition between the ventricles of the two about who pumped the blood faster. Wonder if they could actually hear each other's heartbeat in that silent corridor. "Why can't you act normal," Saaransh thought to himself trying to be cool with his breaths.

"When's your first surgery tomorrow?" Nirvaani asked, breaking the silence in the air around them.
Saaransh looked up from the toes he had been looking at during the whole walk to stop that crazy heart of his from beating like he was on a roller coaster.
"I didn't exactly see the schedule properly, but from what I remember it's not before 11 AM," Saaransh replied.
Nirvaani nodded as she turned her gaze back to the front. Her condition to was neither much different from that of Saaransh, except for her heartbeat the feeling of curling in her stomach didn't leave her alone either.

"What about you?" Saaransh asked playing with his hands, "I have got a surgery at around 8 in the morning." Nirvaani replied and looked back at the front.
Again there was a silence between them

The tension between them increased when their hands touched, "Should I hold them?" Saaransh asked himself and dropped the thought the very next moment. "Shut up, Why are you acting so desperate, what were you even thinking!" He mentally slapped himself for the crazy thought.

But guess what? To his surprise, it was Nirvaani who made the first move. As they walked another step Nirvaani slightly took Saaransh's hand and locked it with hers. Was she so Bold? Of course not, she had been thinking about it the whole way trying to gain the courage to do it.