Someone Who Noticed

Nirvaani stopped hearing Saaransh's words, "Free tonight?" That would be amazing right, she always wanted to spend time with him, but what about her work? Meetings? She postponed it for tonight, there was no way she could go anywhere until 1 A.M else her image would be ruined in front of her clients. Sad, but her work was always her priority, then came everyone else.

"I've got back-to-back meetings till 1 AM," Nirvaani said looking at her legs she was unhappy, she genuinely wanted to go, but sometimes things don't go your way, and you've to cope with it.

"Done!!! Then you're free after that right." Smiled Saaransh looked at Nirvaani, who looked at him with a sight of confusion. "I guess you heard me wrong I said 1 AM, not PM," Nirvaani corrected thinking Saaransh heard it wrong, but Saaransh knew what he said and heard, "I know, just 30 minutes after that? We can simply grab a cup of tea or just chat." Said Saaransh with a smile brighter than the lights in that corridor. 

Nirvaani was surprised by his reply, he wanted to spend time with her. And except for that, he was making true efforts for that, because in all these days Nirvaani never saw Saaransh doing night duties, if ever he stayed it was for studies but today, he wanted to stay till late for her, isn't that amazing? Not just amazing it was a dream come true for Nirvaani.

Nirvaani with still a shock on her face replied, "Sure," Was she happy? More than happy, she was excited for tonight. And who won't be? Imagine a date with your childhood crush!

Saaransh on hearing her reply chuckled and while standing up from his seat said "See you tonight then." It was rare to see that bright smile of Mr. Serious, but look whose heartbeats were faster than the running fan of the general ward.

He didn't wait for any reply or reaction and walked away like a breeze of air making its way away from you after giving you a cold but pleasant shiver. 

_

"HEY! YOU'RE NOT COMING HOME TONIGHT EITHER?" Karishma screamed from the other end which made Nirvaani get away from her phone. Karishma's reaction was obvious, it had been 2 nights since she arrived, and on both nights Nirvaani hadn't stayed at her house, they didn't even get to have any long conversation. yes, Karishma did love Nirvaani's mother but that didn't mean she wasn't craving dating gossips of their old classmates and friends with her best friend.

"You know work right?" Nirvaani replied calmly trying to cool Karishma down, it was not like Nirvaani didn't want to spend time with Karishma but sometimes work just don't let her  enjoy her days. "What work? Aunty said you haven't slept home this whole week, except for the day you came to pick me up"

God! this girl was so good at ranting, Nirvaani could never, literally never deny this girl. 

"Please, Karishma try to understand just this once, I'll spend the whole night with you tomorrow, okay?" Nirvaani pleaded. 

Karishma with a hush replied, "Okay, fine." Karishma couldn't do anything, after all, Nirvaani's work was a lot more than what she predicted before coming here, despite that Nirvaani still stayed with Karishma during the gynac visit. Karishma couldn't do anything but agree and adjust to the situation. 

After the conversation, Nirvaani tied her long hair into a ponytail and while adjusting her coat she made her way towards her cabin, another meeting. She was so tired of having those boring meetings everyday, surgeries were fun, but meetings! That sitting the same table for 2 hours, it was more tough than standing in the OT fir 4 hours.

She couldn't even remember when was the last time she had a long chat with her parents or made any new friends. She wasn't an introvert but her work didn't give her any time to socialise, and you saw its cons at Dr Batra's party When she felt left out between her own colleagues. This is what happens when people stop socialising for years.