CHAPTER 1

AUTHOR'S POV

Somewhere in Mumbai..

A man is working on his laptop late night in his office. He blinked his eyes when he felt headache.

"What about a coffee?" Asked Rishabh handing over Akhil a cup of hot coffee.

Rishabh sat infront of him.

"Spill the beans." Akhil said still his eyes on the laptop when he found Rishabh isn't talking.

"Bro, actually you remember Rohan?"

"That bookworm?" Akhil asked carelessly.

"Yeah! He is getting married." Rishabh said nervously.

"Yeah, he invited me. So?"

"So, uhmm he invited for his bachelor party. He told me you should also be there."

"I told him strictly that I don't like all these when he asked me to join the party." Akhil said sternly.

"Hey, it's his wish you should also be there. Why don't you come? It's just matter of two days bro. C'mon your company won't face any loss if you are two days away. Please Akhil.." Rishabh requested.

"Rish, try to understand. You know I don't like all these party and so on." Akhil said.

"For me. Please.."

"Rish I can't-" Akhil was interrupted by Rishabh and he started his drama.

"So, you won't do this for me? I was always with you when you need me but you? You really don't care about me or my feelings. There were so many parties of our friends I didn't go there because you didn't go. You're a cheater!! You only care about your needs. You only want me for your need. I hate you-"

"Will you stop it? I'll come. Happy?" Akhil said rolling his eyes.

"Akhil, I love you bro." Rishabh kissed his cheek.

"Yuck! Assh0le!" Akhil muttered.

"Is your ex coming?" He asked with a smirk.

"How do you know?" Rishabh asked.

"Common sense!" Akhil scoffed.

"Jerk! Okay we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. Is it Okay for you to pack? Yeah I know you can manage with it. And we are going to Diveagar. Okay?" Rishabh completed.

"Do whatever you want." Akhil muttered and continued his work in the laptop.

"Enough Akhil! It's almost one. Go home." Rishabh said sternly closing the laptop.

"What I'm going to do there?" He asked with a painful smile.

"Bro, you can't be like this. Go home." Rishabh said patting his back.

He took his coat and walked towards the parking lot followed by Rishabh.

"Be ready don't forget." Rishabh said sitting on his car.

Akhil nodded and started the engine of his car and drove to his Mansion.

The watchman greeted him, he nodded at the watchman.

Stepping inside the Mansion, he was welcomed by extreme silence and darkness. He got in the elevator and pressed the seventh floor where his room is.

He entered his room and locked the door. He kept his coat on the couch and sat on the bed.

He took the photo frame in the night stand in his hands. A small smile formed in his lips.

"I miss you." He mumbled and kissed the frame and he took his sleeping pills and slept hugging the frame.

***********************

"Aditi, I've applied for a scholarship and guess what I got it!" Nithya said excitedly.

Aditi who was putting the clothes for drying in the terrace smiled at her.

"What did Maa say?" She asked.

"You know my uncle is working in Mumbai so I'll be staying with him. She don't have any problem in it but that oldie. UGH!" Nithya said annoyed.

"Hey.., she's your dadi!" Aditi said poking her head and shook her head in disbelief.

"Wo toh hai! But you know she's annoying. Girls can't study, they should get married soon and have children as soon as possible take care of the family. UGH! I hate her." Nithya said in a frustrated.

"Nitu, it's your perspective that girls can study, work and explore, like that it's dadi's perspective that girls can't study and work. She should take care of her family and so on." Aditi said politely.

"But it's wrong. Both girl and boy are equal." Nithya said.

"Haan ji, I'm not fighting with you, come." Aditi said taking the bucket and walked down the stairs, Nithya followed her.

"Didi, come let's play." Ishaan came towards his sister.

"Ishu, I've some work." Aditi said going towards the kitchen.

"She only have work, work work!" Ishaan muttered looking at the way she went.

Nithya chuckled.

"Didi, atleast will you come to play with me?" Ishaan asked more likely requested.

Nithya nodded chuckling.

"Ishu, come have this. You didn't have anything from morning. Come. Nitu you too come." Aditi said with a plate full of fruits in her hands.

"We will come. But you've to play with us." Nithya said.

"Yeah! You've to." Ishaan said.

Aditi was about to say something but Ishaan said.

"Or else we won't."

"You both! Okay fine. Come have this." Aditi said in a defeated tone.

Nithya and Ishaan had a victory smirk.

______________________________________

How was it?

Next Chapter will be out soon.

Till then bye 🤍