CHAPTER 18

AKHIL'S POV

I opened my eyes hearing some coughs. I gazed at the time to find out it's midnight 3.27. And there she was coughing again.

She was lying on my chest hugging my torso. I switch on the light placed above the nightstand.

"Aditi," I called her softly touching her cheek. It's burning.

In sleep she was covering her arms. I covered ourselves with the quilt.

What to do?

I turned to her wrapping my arms around her waist, she buried her face in my chest and there again coughed.

I made her lie on the bed from my chest and got down from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Aditi asked in a sleepy tone between her cough and sat on the bed while rubbing her eyes with the back of her palm like a baby.

"You woke up? Leave it. Are you Okay?" I asked cupping her cheek.

"I'm Okay.." Just then she sneezed.

"I can see that." I mumbled.

"I'm feeling cold, that's it." She mumbled snuggling more to me.

"You have fever." I said wrapping my arms around her.

"It will be fine in the morning." She argued.

I further didn't said anything, kept ruffling her soft hairs. She slept soon in my chest hugging me still in the sitting position.

I made her lay down and was about to pull away.

"Stay with me." She mumbled against my neck making the beating of my heart fast.

Like that, we slept again cuddling.

~ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡ ~

ADITI'S POV

I opened my eyes and looked around and found the bed was empty. I noticed the time it's 10.07 in the morning. He maybe left to office.

How about his lunch? He may eats from the canteen like always he did before. But it's not healthy.

UGH! I'm such a dumb!

I still feel very tired and sleepy but I can't sleep when I close my eyes. And I'm feeling cold. I wrapped my scarf around myself.

I stepped inside the washroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I slowly made my way towards the living room. Atleast I've to clean the kitchen. Last night, due to his insistence I kept the utensils in the sink itself and I was also tired because I wasn't feeling well last night.

"You woke up?" I jerked hearing his voice.

I turned around to see him coming towards me.

"You didn't go to office?" I asked widening my eyes.

"Why are you widening this already big so eyes very much? And moreover, how can I leave you here alone?" He asked rubbing his nose with mine.

"What happened to me? I'm not sick." I said.

"I've to prepare the breakfast." I added and walked past him but he was so quick to hold me from my arm and made me face him.