CHAPTER 27

AUTHOR'S POV

Akhil opened the door of his room and found Aditi was laying on the bed and Nithya was patting her head.

"Bhai?" Nithya said and moved out of the room giving the couple privacy.

Akhil sat beside her on the bed. Aditi sat straight.

"My wife is so beautiful that every son of a b!tch lays his eyes on her." He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"But until I'm alive, I'm not going to let that happen." He kissed her forehead.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her towards him without letting any gap between them.

No words came for sometime.

"Dad is in hospital." Akhil said breaking the silence.

Aditi looked at him without pulling back from the hug. He narrated everything.

"We should go there." Aditi said immediately.

"Harsh and Prisha is there. Don't worry." Akhil said.

✧✧✧

Two weeks passed in blink of an eye. Akhil and Mr. Malhotra didn't talked much. It was like Akhil asked something 'How are you feeling?' Mr. Malhotra said 'Better.' or about the meals. Nothing more.

Today Mr. Malhotra was going to discharged from the hospital.

Mr. Malhotra was lying down on the bed. Aditi entered.

"Papa?"

Mr. Malhotra slowly opened his eyes. Aditi smiled so did he.

"Where is he?" His voice came out as a whisper.

"He went to see the doctor. Also for doing the formalities for your discharge." Aditi said.

Just then Akhil entered.

"Everything is done." Akhil said looking somewhere.

Mr. Malhotra nodded.

"Uhm, you said you want to talk?!" Akhil asked sitting in the stool beside him.

"Your mother!," Akhil snapped his head towards him.

"It was a forced marriage for both of us. I started to accept her, but she... She was never ready for it. We don't know, was it out of lust or desire or something, it happened. But she wasn't ready for it, due to family's insistence she gave birth to you. Soon she started loving you whole heartedly. Everything was going fine until she said about her boyfriend, it was the affair before the marriage. She said she wants to go with him. She can't live with me. And she also said she wants you too. I couldn't let you go, you are my blood, and flesh from her. You are a part of her. I can't! And I really don't want you to dislike her. And I love her so much but due to my parent's insistence I married again. I know, I wasn't a good father for you. I'm the only reason for everything bad things happened with you. I know my apologies can't rectify everything, but still I'm Sorry..." Mr. Malhotra completed.

Tears made it's way from Akhil's eyes. He hugged Mr. Malhotra leaning on his chest.

"Dad, I love you." He mumbled against his chest.

Aditi smiled, seeing Mr. Malhotra smiling with tears.

"Dadddd!" Prisha entered carelessly but stopped on the track watching the scenario.