CHAPTER 16

AUTHOR'S POV

"I never thought of this, like always I never wanted to deny you but I can't today!! And I can't marry Riya because I'm already married!" Akhil said when the atmosphere was calm after, when he narrated everything infront of everyone.

"This girl?" Mrs. Malhotra rolled her eyes at Aditi.

"My wife is far better than you." Akhil said calmly staring into Mrs. Malhotra's eyes making her jaw clench.

"AKHIL!" Mr. Malhotra yelled.

"Did I said anything wrong? Nah! I don't think so!" He scoffed.

"You should give attention to your children, wife and your business. Not me. I shall take my leave." He said in a stern voice and held Aditi's hand who was staring at him with teary eyes.

She was too shocked to react.

Akhil turned holding her hand to see Riya with her family.

"I'm sorry again, I never wanted it." Akhil said and walked past them while his hand never left Aditi's.

Rishabh followed him.

~ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡ ~

"MY DAUGHTER'S LIFE! DOES IT LOOK LIKE ANY JOKE TO YOU? WHAT DID HE SEE IN THAT B!TCH, THAT HE DENIED MY DAUGHTER? ANSWER ME SUMIT!!" Mr. Mehra yelled at Mr. Malhotra who was silent for a long time after every drama.

"He dared to raise his voice against you!" Mrs. Malhotra said adding fuel to Mr. Mehra 's anger.

"YOU YOURSELF INSULTED BOTH OF US! HOW ARE WE GOING TO FACE MEDIA? WHAT WILL WE TELL THEM?" Came Mr. Mehra's loud voice.

"Leave!" Mr. Malhotra said calmly.

"YOU AND YOUR SON WILL REGRET FOR THIS!" Mr. Mehra roared and left.

~ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡ ~

"Uhm, now what?" Rishabh asked breaking the silence in the room.

Currently they are in Rishabh 's  appartment.

Akhil looked at him, then at Aditi who was looking at him. There were so many questions in her mind, and he can read those unasked questions but he chose to ignore it for now.

"Now? Yeah! Now help me to get  some necessary things like groceries, clothes etc. C'mon." Akhil said getting up while Aditi was not getting any damn thing.

He break his marriage, he told their relationship infront of everyone moreover denying his father which he never did. And now behaving like nothing has happened!!

"W-what happened to you?" Aditi asked standing infront of him.

"What?!" He asked back shrugging.

"Excuse me!" Rishabh excused himself leaving the couple alone.

"After all of this, you are behaving like this, what happened to you? Why did you say like that? How will you go to your house now? How are you going to face your dad?" She bombed so many questions which was running in her mind.

Akhil looked straight into her hazel eyes which was teary. He wrapped his one arm around her, pulling her towards him and wiped her tears with his thumb.

"I want to accept what I love and what is mine. And that's you."

As soon the words left his lips, tears rolled down from her cheeks.

Aditi hugged him tightly and buried her face on his chest. She was indeed happy.

"But your dad-" she looked up at him but he interrupted her by saying.