CHAPTER 20

AUTHOR'S POV

"What's wrong with your husband? Why the hell on this earth he is behaving like that?" Came Mr. Mehra's hoarse voice.

"He is doing nothing. He seldom comes home." Mrs. Malhotra said sipping her drink.

"Aunty, I can't tolerate the fact! He rejected me for that b!tch. And you know she's from a village, countryless! You know, I feel so ashamed to face my friends. UGH!" Riya said frustratedly.

"You know, Sumit was controlling him from his childhood, but I was the reason for it. Now! He just. Go. Against. Him that means me?! How dare he? He have to regret for it!!" Mrs. Malhotra said furiously.

"He have to come back and marry my daughter!" Mr. Mehra said.

"I fired him from his job, as you said." He added.

"But what if he goes to another one?" Riya asked before Mr. Mehra.

"No! He won't get any! I have made preparations for it."  Mrs. Malhotra smirked.

"What did you do?" Mr. Malhotra asked.

"I strictly warned every IT companies in Mumbai, that not to hire him, from Sumit's e-mail." Mrs. Malhotra said and her smirk grew wider so as other's.

"Now what?!" Asked Mr. Mehra.

"Now? Take a chill pill. Let's be silent for some days. It needs time." Mrs. Malhotra said making the father and daughter baffle.

~♡⁠‿⁠♡~

"Aditi, I didn't mean to -" Nithya was interrupted by Aditi.

"Why are you crying? You know what, you are not at all a reason for what had happened. Okay?! It's destiny. I believe in it. And where is my Nitu who is bold? Is she dead?" Aditi asked cupping her cheek making her smile and wiped her tears which were continuously rolling down from her eyes.

"No! But-"

"What but? Hha! You are the reason for it. You are the reason that I'm living a most beautiful life. With him! I'm very happy about it. With him. Thank you so much." Aditi kissed her cheek.

"He treats you well?" Nithya asked.

"Very well! And you know, when I was sick he was the one doing all the households. He didn't even let me do a single thing. He did everything by himself. I'm very happy, Nitu. It's just Papa, Mama and Ishu sometimes came into my mind. But it's Okay! I'm very happy with this life." Aditi said with a bright smile.

Nithya smiled. So did Aditi.

Everyone was in Akhil's apartment.

They were talking in the kitchen. Like that they kept talking.

~ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡~

Akhil and Rishabh were in the balcony. Akhil told him everything.

"Now what are you going to do?" Rishabh asked.

"I don't know!" Akhil ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"We will do something!" Rishabh said placing his hand on Akhil's shoulder.

"I don't think I will get any job! He must have done something making sure I won't get any." Akhil said.

"Then? You have to do something by yourself." Rishabh suggested.

"Me?! What should I do?" Akhil asked raising his hands.

"What you always want to be? What have you wished in your childhood?! Think!!!!! Mr. Akhil Malhotra!" Rishabh said pulling Akhil's cheek.

Meanwhile, Aditi and Nithya came. Nithya sat beside Rishabh.

Aditi kept the tray of coffee and snacks in her hands on the glass table.
She sat beside Akhil.

And, then they kept chit chatting. But Akhil was not listening, he was in his own land.

"I will be back. You guys carry on." Akhil stood up and made his way towards their room.

"Where do you stay, uh?" Aditi asked.

"I? With him." Nithya said making weird face.

"Why your face is like that?" Aditi asked shaking her head.

"You know what this Jerk did? This idiot! He came into my room in the ladies hostel through window. But unfortunately the warden was in my room! She kicked me out of the hostel. Jerk!" Nithya slapped on Rishabh 's arm.

Aditi chuckled. Rishabh smiled sheepishly.

"There is no fault of mine, you know! I asked her to come down. Nah! She's stubborn!! So I have to make my own ways to reach you. And I did!"

Aditi laughed. While Nithya rolled her eyes.

"Aditi, this is nothing funny!" Nithya said in huff tone.

"But you are!" Saying this she giggled.

They kept pulling eachother's leg. Later, the four of them did dinner happily. And Rishabh and Nithya left.

~♡⁠‿⁠♡~

Akhil was sitting on the bed seriously scrolling his phone. Aditi came outside from the washroom taking a fresh bath.

"Are you still upset with it?" Aditi asked sitting beside him.

Akhil looked at her from his phone.

She sighed.

"Didn't I told you? There are so many companies here, why are you-"

Akhil interrupted her.

"I'm Okay!" He said with a smile pulling her to his lap.

"What happened?" Aditi asked suspiciously seeing his smile.

"Nothing." He said with that same stupid smile and kissed her cheek.

"I asked you something." Aditi again said.

"I need your full support." He said.

"For what? What is going in this mind of yours?" Aditi asked.

"You will see." Akhil said with a stupid monkey grin.

She shook her head with a smile.

****************

Hope you enjoyed!

Mrs. Malhotra is planning something.

What's going on Akhil's mind?

Drop your reviews about this chapter. Next Chapter will be out soon.

Stay Tuned 🤍