CHAPTER 4

AKHIL'S POV

"C'mon, say did he kidnapped you or you went with your own?" The police asked this time with a louder voice, she flinched at his voice.

She gazed at a lady, there was a boy of twelve or thirteen with her. Tears rolled down from her cheeks.

"This bastard! I won't spare you." Mr. Sehgal said this time grabbing my collars.

No Akhil! Calm down!

He slapped me!

No way, I raised my hands at him but stopped at mid way because she came between us.

"I went with him." She said staring into her father's eyes with tears.

He looked at her in an utter shock.

"I- I went with him. H-he didn't k-kidnap me or f-force me." She stuttered staring at the police.

"Saheb! Look, your daughter is at fault." Police said.

And Mr. Sehgal, he stumbled.

"Papa.." She held him quickly but he shoved off her.

"Don't!" He said controlling his tears.

He kept his head low when he heard murmurings.

Her back was facing me as she's still standing infront of her father. She covered her face with her hands and kept sobbing.

"And they were together last night so we can assume what must've happened." An old lady said.

Her sobbing increased.

"Listen to me, nothing happened between us. Believe-" I was interrupted by that old lady again.

"You are not wearing your shirt instead she's wearing it. And we think nothing happened between you two?"

"Sumesh ji! Last time, Krishna's daughter ran away with an outsider, you prevented her from entering this village. But now your own daughter did a big mistake being with a man all night, what are you going to do? Are you going to favour, just because she's your daughter?" She asked Mr. Sehgal.

"Mistakes are mistakes whoever did it! You both!" He pointed both of us.

"Are not allowed to enter in this village. You both should leave now before that, Marry her!!" He said dangerously.

"What the hell? You're not even ready to listen. And marry her? I don't even know her." I said with widened eyes.

"Oh! Without knowing anything about her you spend a night with her?" Mr. Sehgal asked more likely scoffed.

I can imagine how embarrassed she is.

I looked at Rishabh who's puzzled like me.

"Look! I'm already engaged. Please let me go. She didn't do anything wrong. Please try to understand." I requested.

"Papa I -" he didn't let her complete and slapped her cheek, she stumbled back. I held her from behind holding her elbow preventing her from falling.

"My daughter Aditi is died for me!" He said straightly looking into her hazel orbs.

"If you want to leave from here, take her with as your wife." Another middle aged man said.

These people are literally gone mad.

"Papa, there is no fault of him. Let him leave. I won't come Infront of you all. Please don't do this to him." Aditi who was silent said this joining her hands infront of her father crying badly.

"Please let him go!" She said weeping.

"Okay! But we don't want a girl who spoilt the pride of our village and culture. We don't want a ruined girl in our village who's dirty. You've to die!!" Said the old lady.

"What?" Rishabh said in disbelief.

Like seriously? Are they mad or something?

Aditi gazed at her father who looked away completely agreeing to that old lady.

She then stared at me for sometime, I was having a petrified expression.

"Ji!" She nodded.

"What the fuck!!" I said running my hairs through my messy hair.

I looked at the police who looked at me helplessly.

"Sir, please try to understand. I-" The old lady interrupted me.

"We don't want to listen anything. Sumitra, get the kersone." She ordered a woman.

I stared at Aditi, she was wiping her tears continuously. She tried to smile staring at the boy and the woman.

By the time, the woman came with kerosene.

I looked at Mr. Sehgal, he was neither looking at her nor stopping them.

The old lady was coming towards Aditi with kersone in her hands. She was about to pour it on her,

"DON'T!!" I said in an extremely dangerous voice to which the old lady flinched badly.

I looked around found a temple near. I held her hand and dragged her inside the temple.

The temple was beautifully decorated for some other marriage, because I saw the Mangalsutra kept in a plate. I took the it and tied it around her neck and filled her partition with vermilion and took seven pheras around the fire.

Her lips were parted, tears like I said before it's unstoppable. She was staring at me with her wide eyes.

"Done!" I said staring straight into Mr. Sehgal's eyes.

"Don't you dare to touch my wife!!" I threatened the old lady.

I held her hand and began to walk, don't know where!

"DIDII" a small boy shouted was coming towards us but one glare from Mr. Sehgal made him halt on his place.
________________________________________

Author's Note: Guys! This story is completely my imagination. There are places still with these superstitions. Maybe you find it dramatic, these types of people still do exist. And author do not promote these types acts.

How was it?

Do Vote and Comment..

Next Chapter will be out soon.

Till then bye 🤍