CHAPTER 2

AUTHOR'S POV

"This is so amazing." Rishabh said dramatically staring at the surrounding.

Akhil gave him a boring look.

"What? Isn't it beautiful?" Rishabh asked.

"Drama queen!" Akhil muttered.

"Hey bro! I thought you won't come. Thank you so much." Rohan said hugging Akhil.

"Hey idiot. Thank me! It's me who brought him." Rishabh said grabbing Rohan's attention.

"Where are we staying?" Akhil asked.

"Uhmm, I've booked some huts inside the village." Rohan said.

"Hut? You mean we? We staying in hut?" Rishabh asked.

"Don't do too much." Akhil hitted his head.

"That's sounds different and new." Akhil said.

"Okay guys! Our boys are inside the village. You both must be very tired. Take rest and we will see in the evening. Come. I'll show you." Rohan said.

Both Akhil and Rishabh followed him. The village was really a breathtaking beauty. They both met their other colleagues. They're on their respective huts now.

After sometime when it started getting dark. Everyone moved towards the beach. Akhil and Rishabh met their other colleagues after so many years, everyone is enjoying. The music, drinks, food and the surrounding made Akhil's mood a bit lighter.

*******************************

Around 9.00 PM

Aditi's POV

"Aditi," I heard Papa's voice from the living room.

I was washing the plates and cleaning the kitchen. Mama looked very tired, so I asked her to go.

"Aditi," Came Papa's voice a little bit more pitch.

"Haan, I'm coming Papa.." I shouted from the kitchen.

I kept all the utensils in it's place. And made my dupatta correctly and made my towards the living room.

"Papa?" I asked in lower voice but audible to Papa, Mama and Ishu.

"Sit, beta.." Papa said patting the place beside him.

I made my way towards him and sat beside him.

"We've something to tell you." Papa said.

"Tell me, papa."

"You're turning twenty two in four months. So, don't you think isn't it the time to get you married?" He asked staring at me.

I quickly moved my gaze to my lap from papa.

"A family is coming to see you. He's an engineer in town. Your chacha knows him well. He's a good boy. He's perfect for you." He said keeping his hand above my head.

"They're coming on next Sunday." He added.

I nodded. He kissed my head.

"Okay, go and sleep. It's too late." Papa said and kissed my head once again.

I stood up and made my way towards my room.

I locked my room door. Marry? Me?

Okay! Aditi... They're coming on next Sunday. Don't panic now. Don't think too much.

I took a deep breath and sat on my bed. I've to tell this to Nitu. Or else she will eat me alive.

I took my phone and dialled her number. She isn't picking up. I called her again and again. I know she don't sleep this early.

Atlast she picked up.

"Hello, Aditi tell me." She said. Her voice didn't seemed good.

"Nitu, are you Okay?" I asked.

She didn't said anything for some time.

"Nitu, are you there?" I asked finally when I found she's not talking.

She began to cry.

"Wh-what happened, Nitu?" I asked.

She didn't say anything. She kept crying.

"I don't w-want to live." She said crying.

What? Is she mad?

"Nitu, tell me what happened." I said politely.

"I hate that oldie. Mama was all Okay that I'm going to Mumbai and studying but that oldie. She's continuously blabbering. And she told chachu to fix my marriage. He fixed my marriage with an old man. Mama couldn't defend her. Now she's also saying me to get married to that man. I don't want all these." She said and kept sobbing.

"I've two options, one I'll die rather than marrying that old man or else I'll run." She said weeping.

"Are you gone mad?" I asked in a disbelief.

"I'll either die or run. Definitely I'm not going to marry him. I won't." She said.

I can feel the determination in her voice.

"They're coming tomorrow right?" I asked.

"Yeah! I've to do something today now!!" She said.

"Nitu, talk to you Mama, she will understand. Please don't do this. You know what people will say. How's your family going to face everyone. Try to understand." I tried to make her understand.

"Aditi, I tried my level best to make her understand. She agreed to what chachu said forcefully. Either she isn't happy with this marriage. She will understand. I know." She said being stubborn.

"Nitu hear me out-" she interrupted me.

"Aditi, I've done packing right now. I'm going. I know Mama will understand. And I even wrote a letter. She won't be mad at me" She said.

I took a deep breath.

"I'll be waiting at the near Rajveer chacha's shop." I said.

I can't let her go alone in this night. This idiot won't listen to me. I know I'm doing wrong. I'm sorry god.

I made sure I've locked my room door and turned off the lights of my room. I came via the window of my room. I've never done this. I'm little scared about heights even it's small. But this girllll! UGH!

I wrapped my dupatta above my head in way hiding my face. I reached near Rajveer chacha's shop.

It started lightning.

"Aditi," I heard her voice.

I passed a deadly glare to her.

"You know, Aditi.. I- umm" She end up crying while hugging me.

"Shh.. Now there's no way for crying. Come let's go before anyone could see us. Come." I said holding her hand and started walking.

"Where are you going to stay?" I asked once we reached the highway.

"For now, I really don't know how and where. But Aditi you don't worry. I'll be safe. My cousin, he may help me without uncle's knowledge. Don't worry about me." She said hugging me.

I saw a rickshaw coming.

"Take care. I'll miss you." I said when she settled in the rickshaw.

"I'll miss you too." She kissed my cheek.

I waved at her, so did she.

And yeah! It started raining.

I started to walk fast. The rain is getting heavy and I'm getting scared.

My eyes widened when ......

_____________________________________

How was it?

Words: 1053

Do Comment and Vote..

Till the bye 🤍